Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

As Tall As Lions Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Meerkat, Mar 6, 2016.

1. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Longest of shots, but does anyone have Blood and Aphorisms, their self-released EP before Lafcadio? My completist curiosity is haunting me.

KidLightning likes this.
  2. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  3. cshadows2887

4. Elder Lightning

No problem! I had this backed up to my iCloud music library so was able to grab it from there.

It does remind me though that I have an external hard drive somewhere that has a ton of stuff on it that's probably not available elsewhere.

5. cshadows2887

Hang on to that stuff. God knows it's pretty ephemeral in the age of digital music.

6. I had one with so much music from that era too, and it has crashed since. I didn't have any back ups, my biggest mistake, so all these myspace bands I found out a decade or so ago... all gone.

If only Lastfm still allowed us to search artists alphabetically, but who has time for this otherwise.

7. cshadows2887

Thankfully my best friend is even more OCD than I am on that front, so he can help me fill in some gaps.

Like the entire catalog of The Lives of Famous Men. May as well not exist now.

8. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Listened to their self-titled this AM and it remains an all timer for me. That’s all.

9. I love what Dan has been doing songwriting wise the past decade, but gosh I'd do anything to see them do a comeback. Every year I wish for a reunion announcement or something.

contra11mundum and Madmod like this.
  10. Olyphantastic

"See you in the car! Best wishes" -Milhouse Supporter

I miss this band a lot and I wish I had a better idea if the members were doing stuff, music-wise. Like the last thing I heard from any of them was that The Black and the White EP (which I love), but that feels like ages ago.

11. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

Kilimanjaro Band or whatever they called that ambient jazz band thing they were doing close to ten yrs ago fucking ruled

12. cshadows2887

I also am not the world’s biggest fan of You Can’t Take It With You so I’d love a comeback that closes their discography on a higher note

13. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

I haven't thought about these guys in years. I loved You Can't Take it With You. Duermete and In Case of Rapture :heart:.

Philll and coleslawed like this.
  14. cshadows2887

I’ve had “Into the Flood” in heavy rotation all summer. Not sure how I didn’t recognize it as one of their best songs when it came out, but I sure do now

Elder Lightning likes this.
  15. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

YCTIWY is so obviously above and beyond the best thing this band did. That album is a top 5 from this little sub genre scene.

16. The_Pioneer

Regular

Miss this band so much.

Hope you checked out “To the sound” because that song was a monumental way to go out!

17. cshadows2887

I'd somehow never heard it. I'm very album-oriented so I tend to miss loose songs.

18. I've been looking for that song for years. It's a shame it remains only tied to the Farewell DVD.

19. Philll

Trusted

Duermete never fails to knock me on my ass

ChrisCantWrite likes this.
  20. Elder Lightning

There's a pretty good version on YouTube. The farewell doc is on there too:

Crisp X likes this.
  21. The_Pioneer

Regular

It used to be on a bunch of different store fronts, but it seems to be missing now. If anyone wants it feel free to PM me.

There’s also a b-side from Lafcadio called “Deep Sleeper” that’s really solid. I don’t care for the album much, but dig that track a lot. Have that one too!

Crisp X likes this.
  22. Elder Lightning

These live videos from their final Chicago show are excellent:

23. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

can one of y’all update their wiki with all this info I always wondered what each member did post the band and I never heard any b sides

24. Deep Sleeper is one of their best songs to be honest.

ChrisCantWrite likes this.
  25. Olyphantastic

"See you in the car! Best wishes" -Milhouse Supporter

I bought that Farewell documentary and never could bring myself to watch it. Don't know if I saved it anywhere or could access the files anymore.