Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

As It Is - The Great Depression (August 10, 2018) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by btr, May 17, 2018.

1. btr

Trusted Supporter

[​IMG]

Label: Fearless Records
    Release Date: August 10th, 2018

1. The Great Depression
    2. The Wounded World
    3. The Fire, The Dark
    4. The Stigma (Boys Don’t Cry)
    5. The Handwritten Letter
    6. The Question, The Answer
    7. The Reaper
    8. The Two Tongues (Screaming Salvation)
    9. The Truth I’ll Never Tell
    10. The Haunting
    11. The Hurt, The Hope
    12. The End.

Pre-Orders: As It Is

2. btr May 17, 2018
    (Last edited: May 17, 2018)
    btr

Trusted Supporter

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. oldboot

Regular

I think I like the single? Not sure. I like what they were going for. I need to give it a few more listens. I think I may end up liking this album a lot.

4. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

The song is pretty decent. I'm not digging how much they repeat "the wounded world" and not sure how I feel about the heavy breakdown.

5. tomtom94

Trusted

Huh, when did As It Is become a four-piece?

6. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Oh damn, did they lose the guy that Walters traded off vocals with? I loved the back forth of those songs.

7. TheSlyTurtle

Regular

Okay so the spoken part of The Wounded World at 2:20 (in the video, 2:01 in the regular) is really bugging me because I know a song that literally sounds the exact same with different words and I can't think of it. Hopefully someone can help me. It's on the tip of my tongue.

8. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Nah, Ben's still in the band, he just didn't sing in this song.

Andy's the one who left (They never explained why.) He said he was upset and betrayed the kicked him out, but most fans agreed his live performance was incredibly sloppy.

9. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Last fall. They kicked out Andy, the lead guitarist, due to "creative and personal differences" although honestly it was probably cause of his poor live performance.

They tried to get Arthur Walwin to fill in live, but he faced Sexual Harassment allegations so they kicked him out immediately, and they use backing tracks live now.

10. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Not a fan of much this band has done beyond like two songs, and I generally can't stand his voice, but I thought this was more bearable than anything I've heard since their debut. Sounded less like teeny-bop band, and it had some actual bite to it. Not a fan of the 2005-lite look or the terrible lyrics but at least they are trying something new.

11. tomtom94

Trusted

I like the song. I think it sounds distinctly like someone told them "you have to repeat the hook to get it drilled in people's heads" and they took it very, very literally, but I like the song.

...In inverse proportion to how ridiculous they look in that video.

12. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Confirmed /\\\ will have a new song out next month.

13. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

14. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Not a big fan of the bridges/breakdowns on the two new tracks. Not sure how I feel about this direction.

15. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Maybe it’s because of the music videos but I definitely don’t like the direction they’ve taken this band. Feels so goddamn forced.

16. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

I think this song wins for the most repetitive line. I’d be dead if I had to take a shot every time “boys don’t cry” was mentioned.

17. btr

Trusted Supporter

This is the same band that used to walk out onstage to the Recess theme song lol

18. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Two years ago their promo photos looked like they were about to be extras on "Leave It To Beaver."

The song has a nice message, I guess, but everything about this band's new era is so insincere and gimmicky.

beachdude42, thisisnotbrianm and btr like this.
  19. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I like the idea behind the song but I think like everything they have ever done, it's just so average lol

20. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

They just got a shipment of CDs on Warped and hinted at selling them soon. I fully expect this album to leak by the end of next week, tops.

21. BenSmith94

Trusted

The song just feel very heavy-handed. I can appreciate what they're trying to do, but it just feels forced and clumsy. Not a fan of the look at all either.

22. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

The Fire, The Dark is floating around out there somewhere. Very weird song, but still good. Lot's of yelling, with weird slow, filly guitars.

23. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Everything about this screams 2005, and not in a good way.

24. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

25. Sybil

Regular

What is this? The heavy break-downs in all the songs....

I havent heard of this band before this.

This album seems like they fell down a hole and became 2005ish mall-emo. What is going on here? 0_o

I looked into their previous albums after listening to this stuff, it seems they were just a generic pop-punk band before.....is this just a rebrand thing for this album?