Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

As It Is Announce New Album; Stream Song

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

As It Is will release their new album, okay, on January 20th. They’ve released the title track for stream.

Track Listing

1. Pretty Little Distance
    2. Okay
    3. Hey Rachel
    4. Patchwork Love
    5. Curtains Close
    6. No Way Out
    7. Soap
    8. Austen
    9. Until I Return
    10. The Coast Is Where Home Is
    11. Still Remembering

2. doubledribble

Regular

Never heard of this band, but I like the song.

3. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

It's decent. Sounds exactly like their last album. Also seems really early to release a single.

Anthony_D'Elia likes this.
  4. simplejack

I wish I could say something but silence is fine.

Yeah, it sounds exactly like something off their debut album, which they released the deluxe version 6 months ago.

5. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Yeah, that is an almost disgustingly long lead time. This thing shouldn't have been announced until, like, November.

6. Anthony_

This sounds exactly like it was cut from their debut album. Not that their debut album wasn't good, because I happen to think it was a solid pop-heavy pop-punk record, but it doesn't exhibit any growth in their part at all. Good song, though, I just hope we hear something different from them on the rest of the album.

7. SayHello

Regular

That's roughly four months away, seriously? Also, I made it through exactly 17 seconds.

8. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Not bad, dig some of the stuff on their last record

9. btr

Trusted Supporter

Maybe they wanted to have pre-orders available and a new song out before the Sum 41 tour started. A lot of bands now have pre-order download cards at their merch tables

10. chickenlover

Said I'm okay, but I know how to lie.

Song is cool and finally better production.

11. Anthony_

Are preorders up? I didn't see a link in the OP.

12. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Songs okay (no pun intended)

I think there is stronger stuff on their debut. I prefer the more duel vocal heavy songs they have going off takes me back to the days when duel vocals were all the rage in pop punk/pop rock.

13. btr

Trusted Supporter

Pre-orders are October 14th aside from iTunes pre-order

14. heymynameisjoe

when the days have no numbers Prestigious

the whole stock footage thing worked for the wonder years' greatest generation videos.... not this.

15. matthewroberthaag

Sounds similar to their last album, but I enjoyed it! Their last album was nothing extraordinary, but it was a fun listen for sure.

16. That's a lot of sugariness in the vocals. It sounds like a poppier version of Roger from Less Than Jake.

17. punchlinekid

this wind changed me..

I'm pretty sure they will release more songs in the coming months.