Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

As Cities Burn Band • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by GettingSodas, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Sander

kflkmflkm

i wish they never got back together.

2. Lucas27

Trusted

Are they never, ever, ever getting back together?

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  3. foomanfat

Regular

Not upset with them deciding to end it, but I don't get how they couldn't read that announcement as curt. But also, if he's so done with it, he shouldn't feel the need to have to defend it in comments. Dude could stand to fall with some semblance of grace.

4. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Aaron is probably super upset. He wanted the band to work more than any of them. The whole last chapter of his first ACB is basically begging his bandmates to keep touring. Cody is more the one who I could see causing issues in the band itself. (He straight us refuses to play certain ACB songs, not just SILYAYD era, because "I don't like them anymore" for example.) But he doesn't seem to be the issue either, so now I'm just curious what happened.

5. Scarecrow Boat

Regular

I wish Cody would have just been picked to join T.R.E.O.S back when they were looking at him to replace Casey after he left. I hope something comes of that pic of him jamming with some of the T.R.E.O.S guys a few months back.

6. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

some people just can't handle not being in the spotlight, i suppose.

Garrett L. likes this.
  7. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

So the band have posted about fundraising to support people impacted by the flooding in Louisiana which is where they were originally based. You can donate here. For all the frustrations in the recent history, I thought this was a pretty good thing to get behind.

8. dangerstepp

As a Louisianian, I consider myself fortunate to have seen this band several times in their infancy.

I kinda fell off after SILYAYD so I haven't paid attention for a while but all this stop/starting/reunion stuff and social media drama crap is embarrassing.

9. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

I don't know how I missed this thread when all of this was going down.
    it's all super frustrating, but also keep in mind that Aaron has also been pretty open about his mental struggles. he's done a few episodes on BadChristian where he talks about that. and seeing as how he has been the only one running their social media as of late (I think Colin did a good bit, too, when he was active with them), it seems to reflect that.
    still seems like a shitty thing to do, declare your band broken up because the you're running their facebook and are leaving the band.

their music is still amazing, though. listened to Come Now Sleep last night and this morning and lost my voice singing along in my car. too bad we probably won't get any reunion tour for that one, although I was lucky to see them tour on it when it first came out.

I'd love to see Cody put out more music, but it seems like he only does so when he has someone else (like Aaron) working with him and pushing him to keep doing it. maybe Keech can step in for him.

10. 0rb

is this a dream? ✫・゜

Who does Wall of Ears? They were supposed to release an album like two years ago. Where is it?

11. My best friend flew to Texas to see them play with Acceptance a few weeks back. I assumed he was up to date on everything and knew he'd only be seeing Acceptance haha. He called me was like DUDE WHAT THE FUCK

12. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

They released an album (ep?) around 2 years ago at this point. Unless there was going to be a second one.

13. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

Wall of Ears was pretty much just Chis Lott's project, but I think Cody helped on the first album. I think it's still going, maybe with a different name now?

Bloodsucker II likes this.
  14. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Yeah that's a bummer. Would love to get more music from Cody in some capacity.

15. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Haven't listened to it yet but Tooth & Nail's Labeled podcast featured As Cities Burn in episode 5 if anyone is interested.

On the whole I've enjoyed the other episodes they've done (FSF, Chad Johnson, mewithoutYou, Aaron Sprinkle) so looking forward to this.

16. GettingSodas

Chorus.fm Resident Soda Expert Prestigious

It was great

17. bodkins

Trusted

Yea it was pretty incredible.

18. travisred

Trusted Supporter

I’m sad that the Hell or Highwater pressing has never come.

19. travisred

Trusted Supporter

Oh just heard the podcast, soon for HOHW pressing! But they said that a year ago so...

airik625 and GettingSodas like this.
  20. bodkins

Trusted

I think it's gonna happen. Merch sales from "legacy acts" seem to be a way T&N is monetizing the podcast. I think we'll continue to see pressings from a lot of older bands on the label.

21. GettingSodas

I heard from someone who seems to have inside information that that is true.

He also said something about New Medicines by Dead Poetic being pressed soon.

22. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

That would be CLUTCH.

beachdude, airik625 and GettingSodas like this.
  23. GettingSodas Jul 11, 2017
    (Last edited: Jul 11, 2017)
    GettingSodas

Im not huge on that album but I am happy more stuff is being pressed. There's still so much from the label I need.

24. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Finally got round to the podcast... wow! Very interesting and definitely the best Labeled episode so far.

I thought As Cities Burn were done done but it sounds like if someone sat them down and banged their heads together they could make another record. It's such a shame that it's got to this after three brilliant full lengths - I love them all for different reasons.

I was a bit concerned that they were focusing on Cody being the problem but it was great that they played him the recording of the interview with Aaron/Toby and let him respond. Really interesting. I could see where both sides were coming from. From the interviews it sounds like all the relationships have been a bit dysfunctional and you can see where they've all annoyed each other in different ways. Essentially, they both Aaron and Cody have entrenched, completely opposite positions but a middle ground could bring forth some music. Whether they ever get there is another matter...

Fascinating.

And because they've got three fantastic records, a little heartbreaking too...

25. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

they didn't really address it in the episode, but i'm sure the fan reactions to the two new songs they put out probably didn't help with encouraging Cody.