Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

As Cities Burn Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by GettingSodas, Mar 31, 2016.

1. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

i get using their social media as an outlet to promote your stuff, but you're still one of several members of the band. send out a tweet and a fb post, sure, but completely change the name to your own? puts a bad taste in my mouth.

2. GettingSodas

Chorus.fm Resident Soda Expert Prestigious

Yeah it is shady (for the lack of a better word) and I get what you're saying 100% but at the same time I get what he's saying. He also said that he ran all the social media so technically they were his accounts.

Honestly it doesn't matter and I don't care. He probably has some good to say so I'm interested in that and I wanna know what happened. I really hope it's temporary.

3. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I'm so confused at what has happened

GettingSodas likes this.
  4. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

It seems like something BIG went down in the last few days. Like "I don't think Cody and Aaron are on speaking terms anymore" big.

If you haven't read "Backstage" by Aaron, it kinda shows a lot of the volatility of the band. He's going to use this email list to write his second book about ACB once the one he wrote about/for Emery is published.

I'm just sad. SILYAYD and CNS are both in my top 25 favorite albums ever. This band has always meant so much to me. I'm just going to be super thankful for the records we have and the shows I got to see.

5. GettingSodas

This band is just so full of drama. What could he gave possibly done to make 2 friends not speak and break up their band.

I just can't fathom.

No hate, it's just hard for me to grasp espicially since I also don't know the situation.

Garrett L. likes this.
  6. bodkins

Trusted

Can't find any social media. Any links available? This is weird.

GettingSodas likes this.
  7. GettingSodas

Wow. Can't find it either. Was it deleted?

8. bedwettingcosmo

yeah looks like it. all the volatility seems to come from lunsford tbh. i don't remember ever seeing the bonnette's or anyone else from the band post anything on social media ever haha.

super weird, but this dude seems to kneejerk alot so we'll see what happens.

coleslawed and GettingSodas like this.
  9. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

Ughh...I was so excited to see these guys guys on the first page, bummed that it's negative news. SILYAYD still kills me in the best way possible.

GettingSodas and Garrett L. like this.
  10. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Very interesting, particularly after announcing Keech last week. Seems like a lot of emotion involved. Like a lot of the mysteries surrounding this band, I guess we'll never hear what has happened.

I hope Cody continues to put out some music though. Still think the last two ACB full lengths are several steps above what most bands put out - incredible.

GettingSodas likes this.
  11. bedwettingcosmo

for 6 dollars a month you can haha

GettingSodas likes this.
  12. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Haha, I've not heard about this. What do you mean?!

13. Garrett

I didn't realize Aaron deleted his personal Twitter, too. He was arguing with someone when I got offline and went to bed last night about how the band doesn't owe their fans an official break up press release.

GettingSodas likes this.
  14. bedwettingcosmo

that was the whole point of the social media grab was that the drummer is doing some sort of monthly email list where he writes about the band and other random stuff he wants to. personally i'm not very interested in what he has to say but you can sign up at his personal website

GettingSodas likes this.
  15. GettingSodas

I'm interested but not for $6.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  16. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

GettingSodas likes this.
  17. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Was this before or after they broke up? As in, was this the reason they broke up?

18. Garrett

it was after they broke up

19. andrewcloer

Lurking AP since 2005. Lurking Chorus since 2016.

I would really just like to see them continue on without Aaron even as just a studio thing. Cody told me at the last tour that they were gonna start trying to write new music as Cody, Aaron, and Stephen. That was a year ago, so I would hope that there's something that might show up somewhere.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  20. bedwettingcosmo

i'm down for anything with cody, even if its not acb. i just love the dudes voice

coleslawed and GettingSodas like this.
  21. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Never have liked Aaron, I do wish they would replace him and move forward but I doubt that'll happen.

22. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

Ha.

GettingSodas likes this.
  23. GettingSodas

They just posted something on Facebook.

The comments are all over the place.

Edit: ^^^^^^^^^^^^

24. bedwettingcosmo

lol the comments on that post are hilarious.

"cya in a few"

GettingSodas, bodkins and Kevin360 like this.
  25. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

What the hell

GettingSodas likes this.