Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

As Cities Burn Band • Page 10

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by GettingSodas, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Dog with a Blog

Lol yeah, well, last I heard they were in the studio, but who knows

beachdude42 likes this.
  2. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Just watched this Facebook live - had it on in the background whilst I was working.

It's actually pretty cool. Cody is jamming away throughout and plays a few songs. They answer a lot of questions about the meaning of old songs as well as the upcoming tour. Aaron has also written a book about the Come Now Sleep/Hell Or High Water era of As Cities Burn.

coleslawed and Bryan Diem like this.
  3. Lucas27

Trusted

Just saw these guys live with My Epic and Tigerwine opening. I was so excited to see My Epic (my favorite band) that it actually outweighed my excitement for ACB. Especially with all the back and forth in the ACB camp the last couple years.

But holy cow. They were amazing. One of the most unique sets I've seen because it spanned their entire discography, but they nailed every bit. The entire set actually had a flow to it that was absolutely perfect. They played a lot of SILYAYD and I forgot how incredible those songs were. There was nothing remotely off in the entire show and it rekindled my love for the band. I actually got really emotional during multiple songs and completely forgot how much their music meant to me and still means to me.

My Epic was terrific too. Awesome show overall. But I'm so glad I got to see ACB.

4. Bryan Diem

Trusted

I need to see this band so badly

5. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

That's great to hear. I'd love to see My Epic live. As Cities Burn did pop over here a few years back and I loved it. They mostly played Come Now Sleep & Hell or High Water era songs though. I probably prefer those records to SILYAYD, although that album does have some of the best lyrics in the genre.

Whatever they end up putting out next I hope it rivals those three albums in terms of lyrical quality. They had an ability to make you feel things. I love that. I love your description of feeling emotional. Glad you had a good time!

coleslawed, beachdude42 and Lucas27 like this.
  6. andrewcloer

Lurking AP since 2005. Lurking Chorus since 2016.

All the bands on this tour are fantastic. And my boy Matt from Household is crushing it on drums for My Epic. Apparently they only had one practice before the tour started.

7. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Did you see the Dallas show?

8. Lucas27

Trusted

He was SO good!

Atlanta.

riotspray likes this.
  9. andrewcloer

I was at Atlanta too! Small world.

10. Lucas27

Trusted

Awesome! Where in the venue were you at?

11. andrewcloer

Stage left at the front. I'm one of those guys. I like to feel the guitar amps destroy my hearing. Haha.

12. Dog with a Blog

Big news in the morn, apparently

Bryan Diem and beachdude42 like this.
  13. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I really don't know what to expect from these guys.

But their three full lengths are so brilliant I still have confidence for something wonderful.

cyclones_37 likes this.
  14. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Tour with Silverstein and Hawthorne Heights incoming.

15. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Ah, so not new music?

16. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Not as far as I can tell. Maybe the tour will stir the creative juices.

17. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Hawthorne Heights, Silverstein, and As Cities Burn. Feels like 2005.

18. Dog with a Blog

I hate to say it, but opening for Silverstein just isn’t that big of news imo. It’s not like they haven’t done shows in the past. I honestly expected a new album or at least a headlining tour.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  19. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

lame ass news

20. travisred

Trusted Supporter

Yeah it doesn't really move me much, but I feel like the silver lining is that this is the most extensive tour they've done in a while. Maybe that means they have more coming down the road.

21. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Apparently they've been playing a new song recently.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  22. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Tour dates if anyone was interested.

First full US tour since 2008. Wow.

Nate_Johnson and Bryan Diem like this.
  23. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Pirate Blues is such a jam. Love that song.

24. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

came up on my shuffle yesterday. what a jam.

25. cyclones_37

I built this vessel and it could capsize anytime Supporter

Definitely one of my favorites of that album. HOHW is so good, sad how it fell through the cracks with the band issues going on. I re-listened to the Labeled Podcast for ACB yesterday, such a bummer how things derailed for them. I really wish their tour was coming near me...

Also, I need some new Labeled episodes, all of them have been so great