Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

As Cities Burn - Scream Through the Walls (June 7, 2019) Album • Page 8

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bedwettingcosmo, Apr 1, 2019.

1. cyclones_37

I built this vessel and it could capsize anytime Supporter

Just got an email confirmation my order has shipped. I'm trying to keep reasonable expectations but I am thrilled we are getting new ACB in 2019!

awakeohsleeper and beachdude like this.
  2. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Yeah I'm pretty eager to hear this, like it or not I hope they do good for themselves

3. Sheluligans

Super excited for this release! I didn't like the singles at first, but now they're stuck in my head all day.

4. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I like the singles ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

beachdude and awakeohsleeper like this.
  5. Kevin360 Jun 5, 2019
    (Last edited: Jun 5, 2019)
    Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

I discovered As Cities Burn around the time I discovered mewithoutYou and Manchester Orchestra in Spring '09.

I loved everything about what they had released and got super bummed when they broke up a few months later.

It's crazy to me that we're getting a new album a decade later. I'm not big on the singles, but enjoyed the most recent one. Hoping the whole thing is good, but I'm buying it regardless just on principle.

6. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

honestly dont remember any of the singles. didn't listen to them more than once. kinda stoked to just take in the whole album on friday, though i'm apprehensive about how much i'll like it.

7. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

If I can get three or four songs I like at this point that’ll be a win

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  8. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

My record will be here Monday or Tuesday. I'm ready.

9. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Man, Die Contrary is a fantastic closer. My first listen through this was really positive.

cyclones_37 likes this.
  10. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

On my third listen this morning... I’m loving this. Tracks like Maybe and Venture have elements of their more melodic indie rock side, and then there’s moments like the opener that feel totally fresh from them.

11. Gjpeace

Regular Supporter

About 3/4 through my first listen, and this isn’t as bad as the initial responses to the singles led me to believe it would be. That opener is cool and different for them, as said above, and the songs where Cody is more prominent have some great moments. I haven’t listened to these guys in a long time, but the first three were really foundational records for me. This is pretty good! I imagine a lot of people will like it, even if this sort of thing isn’t as compelling to me anymore.

12. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

I'm happy with it too.

beachdude likes this.
  13. told ya!

beachdude likes this.
  14. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

this first song is really cool

beachdude likes this.
  15. Have I ever lied to guys? Also going 2/2 in not telling lies because I’m just about finished with my review for this and it should be live tomorrow!

16. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

yea, I'm gonna def dig this album. I don't know how much staying power it will have but its a nice addition to the bands discography

beachdude likes this.
  17. Dog with a Blog

Starting now

18. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Blind spots is super different and a nice risk by them but I don’t know how well they executed it.

19. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

This seems ok. Kinda reminiscent of Erase Me

20. This is way better than erase me

21. Dog with a Blog

Die Contrary might be the only good song on here. Maybe is also decent.

I dunno. I’m gonna listen more, but I’m not too impressed. It’s never hurt me more to say. I’m not sure what sound I want from these guys, but this ain’t it.

coleslawed, Joe4th and trevorshmevor like this.
  22. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

This is good. It's not boundary breaking like the previous two albums, but it's a good listen. The opener and the closer are the highlights for me. I like TJ's vocals compared to a lot of screamers, but there's something so engaging about Cody that most of the time I just want to listen to him.

Looking forward to digging in more.

beachdude and teebs41 like this.
  23. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Die Contrary is easily the best on here and it’s not close. That, Maybe, and Bright White Light are the only things that even remotely stood out to me.

24. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Dang this probably means in a few weeks I won’t like this much, your initial reaction is often how I feel about albums 2-3 weeks later lol. (See la dispute)

25. travisred Jun 7, 2019
    (Last edited: Jun 7, 2019)
    travisred

Trusted Supporter

After only a listen I think this is fine. I especially enjoy the back half, but then you get to Die Contrary and daaaaaamn. It's the perfect blend of what they were trying to hit the entire album. It's a shame nothing else culminated like that song.

teebs41 likes this.