Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

As Cities Burn - Scream Through the Walls (June 7, 2019) Album • Page 7

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bedwettingcosmo, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Lucas27

Trusted

I felt that way with Erase Me too. I actually enjoyed it a bit until I went back to the previous three UO albums and it hit me how much the quality seemed to drop. Been listening to the new ACB songs intertwined with the old stuff though and I’m actually loving it more. I’m glad. It is a bummer to not be able to geek out with more people here, but it’s certainly fascinating to see the different perspectives.

beachdude likes this.
  2. Artdmg

Onward, progress, or so it seems Supporter

When I first heard Chains I really didn't like it much. I find myself constantly going back to it though. It's a damn good song.

mattylikesfilms and beachdude like this.
  3. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

Nobody is allowed to have an opinion anymore because Game of Thrones sucks now. Or something like that.

4. cyclones_37

I built this vessel and it could capsize anytime Supporter

The first 30 seconds of Hollowed Out really sounds like something from Hawkboy (which is still basically an ACB song). Overall I still enjoy the new songs, 2020 AD is still my favorite of them

beachdude likes this.
  5. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

Exact same.
    Find myself listening once every couple of days.

Remember being like wtf the first listen. Not sure what changed.

I love Cody’s voice so I’m going to give this album 10+ spins in hopes that it sticks.

6. wood&wire

just one of those ghosts

So
    The guitars in these three songs are consistently cool and interesting
    The way Cody's and TJ's vocals play off of each other is very good (for the first time, IMO, though I'm sure I'm in the minority here)
    It's got lots of energy and rhythmically it's super fun.

I'm in. Glad they're pushing themselves to try new stuff.

7. travisred

Trusted Supporter

I just don't think I'm into TJ's vocal style now a days which is the biggest detractor for me. I think there are some cool guitar lines, but I'm missing some of the dirty and disjointed style of HOHW.

8. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

So, I just listened to Hollowed Out for the first time, and.... Ummm... I liked it.

I've not enjoyed the other two singles, but I'm not going to wear them out hoping they grow on me before the album actually releases. Still hoping for the best.

9. finished my first listen and the singles don't do it justice.

I haven't listened to their older stuff in a while but I'll do that soon before writing up a review

but listening to this album in a vacuum without any knowledge of their past releases - this is a sold post-hardcore record

the final 4 tracks are really good and the closer will give fans major goose bumps - vintage ACB IMO

10. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

The opinion that matters. Thanks Drew. Excited now. (And will try to avoid their older albums until I hear this one...!)

11. I'm so excited for y'all to hear "Die Contrary."

beachdude, Lucas27 and coleslawed like this.
  12. bodkins

Trusted

leak it you coward

jk i can wait

13. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

But really. Leak pls.

beachdude likes this.
  14. From what I’ve heard I’m still interested in checking it out.

beachdude likes this.
  15. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I still like all the singles tbh. Definitely excited to hear this.

KidLightning and Nate_Johnson like this.
  16. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I've only listened to the first two singles and on the first listen I was like "what?!" but when I returned to them a week or so later I enjoyed them a lot more. I don't want to listen to the third because I don't like hearing too many songs before the whole thing, but I've come to believe I'll just need a little patience on my first few listens for this record.

mattylikesfilms and beachdude like this.
  17. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Can we stop constantly wishing for leaks of smaller bands

Drew Beringer likes this.
  18. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Whatever your opinions on the new songs, isn’t it remarkable that we are now in the final week before listening to the first As Cities Burn full length in a decade...? Can’t believe it.

19. beachdude

Totally agree. Also, all three singles have been pretty memorable to me. Very excited to hear the full album.

20. Lucas27

Trusted

Yeah, honestly, I’m so on board with what’s released that I wouldn’t be surprised if this continues ACB’s streak of near-perfect albums. And that overjoys me.

21. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I keep getting “Chains” stuck in my head. Love that song.

coleslawed and beachdude like this.
  22. beachdude

@Drew Beringer Have you gotten the chance to go back to the band’s previous releases? If so, has it changed your initial impressions of this album in any way?

I’m so excited, gonna be going through their discography a bunch in the next few days I think.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  23. cyclones_37

I built this vessel and it could capsize anytime Supporter

I forgot the album is out this week, so excited to hear the whole thing. Really looking forward to finally see them live this summer too!

awakeohsleeper and beachdude like this.
  24. beachdude

People are getting their pre-orders apparently... can’t wait to hear this.

25. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I can't wait until Friday.

beachdude and Garrett L. like this.