Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

As Cities Burn - Scream Through the Walls (June 7, 2019) Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bedwettingcosmo, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

It's just so damn wild to me how much this band regressed

oncenowagain and Dog with a Blog like this.
  2. Dog with a Blog

Yeah, I feel like his vox sound like they belong on a hip hop track or something? I can’t quite pinpoint it but something felt off.

I’ll always love this band but this album isn’t shaping up to be too hot imo. These songs are just so.....boring

oncenowagain and Joe4th like this.
  3. Joe4th

It honestly felt like a bad Linkin Park song at times

oncenowagain and Dog with a Blog like this.
  4. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

My GOD this shit is bad.

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  5. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Love the first two singles but this is meh.

6. 0rb

is this a dream? ✫・゜

This band should have stopped making music if this is the best they can do. This is a snorefest.

Nick likes this.
  7. bodkins

Trusted

I can't wait to listen to how terrible this song apparently is.

8. Dog with a Blog

“On the first record, we kept constantly changing things up. Now, I want to create a sound and groove that doesn’t take as many listens as before. We have some stuff that calls back to the first record, but now it’s a bit straight-forward.”

It’s like they are intentionally dumbing themselves down. It’s kinda disheartening. This is the same band that wrote Timothy for Christ’s sake like, I don’t get it

9. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Jesus christ. That's awful to read.

10. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

the whole interview kind of spoke volumes to where they are and i'm not to jazzed about it.

11. Lucas27

Trusted

Man. Is there something wrong with my ears? This absolutely rocks and TJ sounds great.

beachdude likes this.
  12. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Yeah this isn't as bad as what this thread made me believe, this is fine. And I don't see the problem with dudes at or reaching 40 trying to make music that might widen their audience

beachdude and mattylikesfilms like this.
  13. Dog with a Blog

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with wanting to widen your audience but I also feel that simply making good music should be the primary focus. Do that and you’ll get attention. I mean, look at a band like Daughters. They hadn’t made an album in 8 years and then they come back with an album that has very little commercial appeal, but it’s a killer record that was true to them and in turn they have garnered so much critical acclaim and their audience has increased exponentially.

It’s hard for me to listen to songs like Of Want and Misery, Contact, or Pirate Blues, songs so full of love and passion, and not be disappointed with these tracks.

But honestly, context aside, if I had heard these songs outside of As Cities Burn and they were just some random band’s songs I’d still think they were bad.

14. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

This.

15. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Song grew on me with repeated listens. I dig it now - nowhere as bad as this thread makes it out to be but definitely the weakest of the three tracks released.

16. Joe4th

All three songs have been bad. I have zero hopes for anything good on this album at this point.

airik625 likes this.
  17. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

It all reminds me of the rollout of the new Underoath album. Subpar straightforward songs. If people like it and they get more fans, good for them but it's 100% not for me. This is the biggest disappointment of the year for me.

Dog with a Blog and Joe4th like this.
  18. Joe4th

Yeah it’s really similar for me as well. Underoath was my biggest disappointment then and this seems like it’ll be this years

19. Artdmg

Onward, progress, or so it seems Supporter

I'm going to have listen to this one a few times. My initial thought is TJ's vocals aren't working for me but otherwise it sounds like a natural progression from Hell or High Water.

beachdude likes this.
  20. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

Ya'll should be listening to the new My Epic.

21. Lucas27

Trusted

Now that’s true

22. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Agreed. Damn tell me two years ago that we'd get a shitty new Underoath album and an As Cities Burn album with three shitty singles and I'd call you a monster.

Dog with a Blog and Joe4th like this.
  23. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I personally really loved Erase Me lol

24. drewinseries

Drew

Didn't think that latest was that bad honestly. But I do think TJ doesn't need to there vocally unfortunately. Doesn't do much for me.

coleslawed likes this.
  25. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

garbage

26. drewinseries

Drew

Honestly besides the weird rapping second verse, this ain't that bad.

beachdude and mattylikesfilms like this.