Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

As Cities Burn - Scream Through the Walls (June 7, 2019) Album • Page 17

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bedwettingcosmo, Apr 1, 2019.

1. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Cool. No I hadn’t seen that. Saw Dustin Kensrue play a show their 3-4 years ago, but that was the only time I’ve been there.

All Get Out playing with them also looks like. Small venue so that’s surprising.

teebs41 likes this.
  2. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Me too.

Lucas27 likes this.
  3. Dog with a Blog

Still don’t love this album as a whole but Maybe is stuck in my head 24/7 so that’s cool

Lucas27 likes this.
  4. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

My band just got added to the jersey show on their tour, which I’m really stoked about since I love acb and ago, excited to get to know many rooms better! If anyone here is going come say hi!

5. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

That's pretty cool - congrats.

I'll come if you ever tour the UK ;-)

teebs41 likes this.
  6. Gjpeace

Regular Supporter

Hope I'll see you at the Chattanooga show! The Camp House has booked people like Kensrue, Noah Gundersen, and David Ramirez before, but I've never seen anyone like AGO or ACB there. I'm really excited they're playing there, and the rest of the lineup is great: Many Rooms played at a shop downtown a couple months ago and was awesome, and my friend's band Magnificient Lions is also opening.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  7. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

finally getting around to this. p cool. some of the production choices they made are dope.

8. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I finally decided what my personal AOTY is and this is absolutely it.

I really hope ACB gets on some dope tours in 2020 and maybe even start writing by this time next year?? Fingers crossed!

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  9. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

It’s such a good album. Thought it was good on the first listen but it’s got better and better as the year progressed! Top 5 for me but respect the number one above.

10. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Fuck... I have a feeling they are going on hiatus again :tear:

They have their merch for STTW for 60% off btw. The record itself is only $10 plus shipping. I already have it but I plan on buying at least a shirt to show support. I REALLLLLLLLY hope this doesn't mean a hiatus.. STTW is a fucking amazing record.

11. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

yeah... seems like they are gone.

12. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

Yeah this grew on me. Was excited for the next one.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  13. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Spoke to Hunter and he told me the following:

“We all never had the intention of coming back full time. Everyone has kids/other jobs and touring doesn’t pay the bills. We will still do shows throughout the year but just very selective”.

So not the worst outcome! Hopefully they hibernate for 6-8 months and come back. I wish a big band would take them out like Underoath or something.

14. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

How well did the album sell out of curiosity?

15. tvck

Trusted

are album sales really not public knowledge? just tried looking and can't find anything. very strange

16. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I like this a lot. Good cause too.

coleslawed likes this.
  17. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

18. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

coleslawed and Garrett like this.
  19. Garrett

thank you! It had been a minute since I listened to it and man, it was moving for even more reasons at 30 than it was then

tvck and awakeohsleeper like this.
  20. Garrett

been listening to this off and on lately. definitely feel like it got overlooked in the end.

21. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

The more I listened to this. The more I found to enjoy. And I never really liked the heavy early ACB

22. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Yup :(

This record is painfully underrated IMO

Garrett and beachdude like this.
  23. wood&wire

just one of those ghosts

It's my second favorite ACB album. It's honestly fantastic.

24. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

i don’t think it tops Come, Now Sleep or even Hell or Highwater, but i think i might prefer it to SILYAYD, nostalgia notwithstanding.

25. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Yes, I agree. I love this record. So many intricacies. I enjoy it more with each listen. Surprisingly catchy too - different songs are always in my head after listening to it.

coleslawed and mattylikesfilms like this.