Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

As Cities Burn - Scream Through the Walls (June 7, 2019) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bedwettingcosmo, Apr 1, 2019.

1. bedwettingcosmo Apr 1, 2019
    (Last edited: Apr 2, 2019)
    bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

[​IMG]

1. Live Convinced
    2. Broadway
    3. 2020 AD
    4. Hollowed Out
    5. Maybe
    6. Chains
    7. Bright White Light
    8. Blind Spots
    9. Venture
    10. Die Contrary

ummm. this is not a drill!

wood&wire, teebs41, Grant and 3 others like this.
  2. Dog with a Blog

Alrighty

3. Dog with a Blog

I don’t think I like 2020 AD at all but god damn I love this band so, I’m cautiously optimistic

teebs41 likes this.
  4. bodkins

Trusted

I guess it’s tomorrow in international markets so I’ll believe it.

5. EVR tweeted about it - it's happening

6. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

2020 grew on me a lot. hope this features alot of cody and not a lot of tj :D

7. Dog with a Blog

Is it true that Matt Goldman produced this? There were some rumors

teebs41 likes this.
  8. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Low expectations but I hope they prove me wrong

9. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Heard about this a while back, glad they finally announced it. I like 2020 AD more than most of y'all seem to so I'm down for this.

teebs41 likes this.
  10. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Sick

11. beachdude

New single “Chains” is out there... I dig it.

azzy01 likes this.
  12. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

cannot believe this is happening lol. is this heavy like their old stuff or more in like with the come now sleep sound?

beachdude likes this.
  13. beachdude

It sounds similar to the first single “2020 AD”... so idk, kind of a mix?

14. 0rb

is this a dream? ✫・゜

This band already made their best stuff. I have very low expectations.

15. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

More comments like above please to remind why I don't spend much time on here anymore.

16. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

I’m interested.

teebs41 likes this.
  17. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

i’ve come around on 2020 a.d., looking forward to this.

beachdude likes this.
  18. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

It's been a decade since their last album. So wild.

I don't think they can put out an album I love as much as I did their other three (especially those first two, though the feel & highs of Hell or High Water are dope, too), but I could still see myself really digging this. Should be a fun little album. Just hope Cody's guitar playing is still as distinct as it used to be. There's a certain vibe to the guitars between all three albums, as different as they are, that I don't think has always been as clear to me in the few songs since then I've heard.

Also, of course I'm the first person in this thread to say this, but I'm still happy to have TJ in this reunited band. Love his voice & how it sounds alongside Cody's.

19. Lucas27

Trusted

Whoa. It feels surreal to actually be getting another As Cities Burn record.

First three are a perfect trilogy. I’m with @Tim in that I don’t see it being as good, but I’m so psyched either way. Man.

teebs41, Tim and beachdude like this.
  20. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

Better than 2020 AD to me, but idk how I really feel about it. I can’t shake the feeling of Enemy of the World era Four Year Strong that I get from it though.

21. Dog with a Blog

Gates is honestly the perfect ending to their career. I adore this band and they released such a strangely perfect trilogy of albums that it’s weird to not want more but I am just not into this sound. Also, Cody is a god damn master of the guitar and there is some insanely intricate guitar work on those albums that I felt really put ACB in a league of their own and I’m just not hearing that here.

22. Dog with a Blog

I’m really not trying to sound negative here, I can’t overstate just how much I love this band and what they mean to me. Come Now Sleep will forever be my favorite album of all time. So far I’m just not into it. Also, they are lyrically so much better than this.

23. azzy01

Regular

I agree with the sentiments expressed here. Their three albums are definitely a great trilogy.

But I see no harm in a band continuing or making new music after their most popular records. I just view it as another phase to the band, or another iteration. The old material will always be there to love and enjoy. Let them write and release new music, I'm sure it'll still be good to some degree.

beachdude likes this.
  24. Dog with a Blog

Yeah, I mean, they could put out straight dog shit and it wouldn’t in any way impact how I feel about their earlier records. It can still be disappointing though. Anyway, I’m kinda an 0/2 on the singles but I definitely look forward to seeing how the album works as a whole

25. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Looking forward to this but my expectations are low because Come Now Sleep and Hell or High Water are two of my favourite ever records.

What does everyone think of the album title?