Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Arrow (CW) TV Show • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

Looks like my theory that they faked Laurels death is being denied by the show runner, and we won't find out what her one last favour was that she asked of Oliver, until season five

'When a seemingly fine-and-dandy post-surgery Laurel began to ask something of Oliver, the camera pulled back, not allowing us to hear what was said. Moments later, she began seizing, fatally. Could the two have whipped together an elaborate ruse to fake the hero/would-be DA's death? In a word, "No," Guggenheim makes clear. "We've done a fake death before." Nor did Laurel ask Oliver to euthanize her, the EP adds. So what was Laurel's request? "You'll know in Season 5," says Mericle.'

2. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

I just don't know what it could be that would be justifiable. So silly.

3. Like them having no clue who was going into the grave, I'm sure they just have no clue what Laurel's request was.

Raku and Jason Tate like this.
  4. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

@Craig Manning I don't hate the idea of that being the set up for season 5 except for two major glaring points: this show isn't that dark anymore and I don't trust them to pull something like that off anymore

Raku, Jason Tate and Joe like this.
  5. drewinseries

Drew

I feel like one of the only ways of redemption in my eyes is if Earth-2 Laurel, who goes by Dinah, stays on Earth-1 to be with Ollie, who she lost on her Earth. Maybe this time around she's an actual meta, and has a real canary cry? Idk, something like that.

6. drewinseries

Drew

Ugh, you are probably so right. I thought I read somewhere that some writer said that will be resolved Season 5, so they gave themselves a fair amount of time to figure it out.

Raku likes this.
  7. drewinseries

Drew

"What did Laurel say to you Oliver?"
    "She said...'Ollicity forever'"

Raku, DeviantRogue and Joe like this.
  8. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

The shippers send their regards

Raku likes this.
  9. Meerkat

If they're going to bring in Earth-2 Laurel, I don't want her coming to Earth-1 to be with a guy who looks like her Earth-2 love but isn't really him. If they're going to do that I want them to give her much more agency than that. They already put an Oliver-centric end cap on E1 Laurel. No need to do it to a potential doppelgänger

Raku likes this.
  10. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Both good points, but:

1) I don't think they know what they want to do re: making it dark or continuing with a lighter tone. They promised the latter, but there hasn't been much light this season. It's not as dark as the early days when Oliver was breaking everyone's necks or killing dozens of people with arrows every episode, but it's not exactly chipper. lol

2) I don't really trust them to do much anymore, but I'd rather see them try something complex, character-wise, and fail than just have another "You can't kill people because you're a good guy" moral. At very least, I would trust that actors to pull off a more complex and perhaps unsettling narrative arc.

Raku likes this.
  11. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

I can see them definitely having Diggle go off the rails especially after Oliver was right about Andy. I think that's the one thing I'll be looking forward to seeing the most.

Raku and Craig Manning like this.
  12. Meerkat

I think we're pretty much in agreement haha. The show is lost. They could also have Oliver kill Dahrk and then watch him try and figure out why he broke the no kill rule for Dahrk/Laurel but not Malcolm or Slade. There's some great story there, I just don't see them executing it anymore.

Raku and Craig Manning like this.
  13. Craig Manning

Ha, definitely. I'd love to watch that with the focus and level of writing that we had back in the season 2 days. I don't know what happened. Maybe they spread themselves too thin when they split off into new series? I mean, all of the Legends setup definitely hindered this season a lot. I'm trying to figure out the one moment where they went astray and I can't figure it out. Just like I can't quite put my finger on why S3 and S4 feel like such a different show to me than S1 and S2.

Raku likes this.
  14. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

That seems to have been alluded to in that preview I posted, even if it was for a few seconds. It would be interesting.

Deanna likes this.
  15. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I haven't watched since the mid-season break, and everything I've read about decisions since then shows that I've made the right choice.

They should just make S5 the final season, end it with Oliver dying paired with a flashback of him being found, and then let Diggle and Felicity be recurring characters on Flash.

16. Meerkat

That would actually be a very profound ending

Raku and Tim like this.
  17. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Which is why it'll never happen, of course.

Raku and Meerkat like this.
  18. Meerkat

So it looks like Dinah Lance will be back for the funeral and that Sara won't but Paul Blackthorne is a guest star on a future episode of LoT and they address it there

19. KimmyGibbler

Everywhere you look... Prestigious

Spoilers for Arrow.

I was fully expecting Felicity to be the one that dies after setting up Curtis as the new IT wiz kid. I didn't realize how much I was starting to enjoy Laurel's character until after she died. That said, I hope she stays dead, if only because poor Detective Lance would have to deal with having two daughters die and come back from the dead.

Also, the flashback sequences are starting to become unbearable to watch.

20. Craig Manning

Woah dude, deep.

Well that's just a crock of shit!

Raku and Tim like this.
  21. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Definitely think Andy breaking his trust is what will put him over the edge. I'm hoping it goes a little beyond what the preview showed and maybe he has a confrontation with Andy at some point.

22. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

have yet to see this last episode but just watched the episode from last week with the bee lady

oooooo man has this show fallen off. Getting way too hard to sit through

23. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Starting a rewatch to see if this show was ever actually as good as I remember. Totally forgot that Sarah was in the first episode as a different actress.

Edit: Completely forgot about Tommy also.

24. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Definitely could see that happening.

Deanna likes this.
  25. Craig Manning

Well, I guess Barry got his speed back.

DeviantRogue likes this.