Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Arrow (CW) TV Show • Page 20

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Oh, Rene should definitely feel bad. I think part of the problem with the writing here is that he showed like 20 minutes of remorse in one episode and then became super self-righteous about being spied on.

Raku, Anthony_ and Colby Searcy like this.
  2. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, it was like when they first revealed that it was Rene, everyone understood because of the situation with his daughter even if they all weren't happy about it. But what's to keep him from doing the same thing to Dinah and Curtis if the Feds threaten to take his daughter away again? I'll keep watching just to see if any of this resolves by the end of the season, but I may end up needing to do an article on the overall arc of it if it ends even worse than where it's currently at.

Raku, Anthony_ and Colby Searcy like this.
  3. Craig Manning

Also, the story with the feds is terrible anyway. They just randomly vanish for episodes at a time.

Really getting the feeling that the writers didn't have a concrete plan for this season and are just throwing shit at the wall. Whereas last year, everything felt very deliberate and meticulous. I don't understand why they can't maintain a more consistent tone/level of quality.

Colby Searcy and Anthony_ like this.
  4. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

I think they tried to do way too much with the season. The team of heroes, team of bad guys, and then the feds on top of that was clearly too much to juggle.

5. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I’m also so over the two separate teams fighting with each other. It just strains believability and has turned Rene, Dinah, and Curtis into bad/annoying characters on the level of S4 Felicity. The team of villains has been fine by me, and I’m even cool with the phantom FBI; it’s the stupid civil war-lite storyline that’s getting on my last nerve, for all the reasons y’all mentioned above. It’s just bad.

6. Craig Manning

Yeah, it's like they saw Captain America: Civil War and thought: "Hey, we have a lot of characters now! Maybe we can do this too!" They cannot.

Raku, Colby Searcy and Anthony_ like this.
  7. Anthony_

Worst part is, having a big bad Like Cayden James with no special abilities, who was just a devious schemer forcing a wedge between the team, would’ve made for a solid change of pace to previous seasons. If done well. They have not done it well, at all.

Raku and Colby Searcy like this.
  8. Craig Manning

Cayden James could have been interesting, but was written in such a cartoonish fashion that I couldn't take him seriously. Also, superhero shows need to have a moratorium on the "this guy wants to destroy the city" villains. What made Prometheus so interesting was the smaller-scale nature of his plan.

Anthony_ likes this.
  9. Anthony_

Yeah, I agree. Part of why I think a villain trying to pit the heroes against each other could’ve actually worked if they hadn’t so thoroughly ruined it.

Raku likes this.
  10. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I might be going to a local comic con soon and Katie Cassidy (Laurel etc.) is going to be there. I'm real tempted to pay the picture fee for my nerd collection.

Raku and Colby Searcy like this.
  11. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Ask her about Hidden Agenda

12. The Lucky Moose

Colby Searcy likes this.
  13. It was cool seeing Speedy back in action and seeing Roy.

Raku likes this.
  14. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

I was very glad to have the break from the two teams fighting each other. And it looks like we won't see much of that in the next episode either. I'm hoping that fixing the SCPD situation maybe brings back some of that trust between Dinah and Oliver. It would certainly be a good chance to redeem some of the choices they made this season.

15. Ya I like all those characters when they're working together. I have a feeling that Laurel eventually betraying them again will break any trust built up between Dinah and Oli. Unless they go the route where Laurel decides not to betray them.

16. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Laurel definitely seems to be playing both sides at the moment, which they probably did just so they could have it go either way.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  17. The Lucky Moose

Honestly I could do without the three new-ish team members now more than ever. Like, completely.

I still like the show though.

Raku likes this.
  18. Ollie and Diggle beef next week? Great, more infighting is exactly what this show needs.

You know there's something wrong when the nonexistent Speedy/Nyssa spin-off is more exciting than the main show.

Whalejaw and Raku like this.
  19. "Don't forget guys, there's a bomb situation!"
    "There's always a bomb situation."
    Haha

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  20. The Lucky Moose

Joe and ghostedaway like this.
  21. All the Arrowverse shows and Black Lightning got renewed.

Colby Searcy and The Lucky Moose like this.
  22. The Lucky Moose

I realized that if Arrow was on CBS, LL Cool J or Shemar Moore could totally have been Diggle

23. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

It also would've been cancelled long ago

Raku and The Lucky Moose like this.
  24. Raku and Colby Searcy like this.
  25. The Lucky Moose

Thea is leaving the show for good I heard