Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Arrow (CW) TV Show • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

When Felicity said "lay down bee-atch",that was the worst for me. I just didn't buy it, even from her. Haha

2. Lance's comments throughout the whole ordeal were amazing though.

3. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

The comment about digital honey or whatever it was was great. Also the "So can anyone just walk in here?" line. Blackthorne really nails those moments of "I'm a cop, what the fuck am I doing here and why is my daughter a vigilante with her ex-boyfriend who almost got my other daughter killed"

gonz (Alex) and lightning13 like this.
  4. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

I really enjoyed the last episode, I still wish this show was as good as it used to be but I could get used to this show taking a lighter tone like this.

5. Is anyone else dreading tomorrow night?

6. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

Apparently there are leaked photos that paparazzi took of the graveyard scene, which they shot outdoors, and it looks like

spoiler alert

Laurel is the one in the grave.

I guess we will know for sure tomorrow

7. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

I heard about this via Twitter a while ago. Still not sure how I feel.

8. Raku

Regular

Honestly the possible death of Laurel bums me out because she just became the Black Canary, and has so many awesome stories for her. That being said though I hope they find a way to revive her (well it is a comic book show, and in comics people don't stay dead...)

Although possible signs point to Laurel (possibly) being replaced by her earth-2 counterpart as Black Siren (which she'll be appearing as in The Flash in a future episode)

(I have a link listed under spoiler tag)

9. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Well I'm sad

Raku likes this.
  10. Same

11. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Excited to see Diggle go on a killing spree.

12. Raku

Regular

Welp it looks like the internet was right =/
    I'm sad and bummed too now that it's confirmed. A bit easy to swallow since I was able to sit with this possibility for a few weeks.... Still sucks what happened to Laurel though =/

13. Fuck this show.

Raku likes this.
  14. Meerkat Apr 6, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 6, 2016)
    Meerkat

Yeah I'm not okay with this. I'll give the cast credit for some incredible acting in this episode. But yeah. Springing "You've always been the love of my life" out of nowhere was complete bullshit. It's a shame they did this to a character that was actually becoming an asset to the show given how off the rails it's gone

DeviantRogue and Raku like this.
  15. Meerkat

Also, if they don't have Sara back for the funeral, I'm going to be incredibly disappointed

Raku, US Camera and gonz (Alex) like this.
  16. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

Just watched it. Son of a bitch.

Raku likes this.
  17. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

I don't know if I'll ever forgive Diggle. What in the actual fuck.

18. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

Don't get the cutaway from Laurel confiding in Oliver, just screams fake out to me, but either way it's a bad writing decision.

Not to mention that line felt like it was only in service of furthering Oliver-Felicity.

This show has quickly turned into Dexter levels of hatewatch with me.

Meerkat likes this.
  19. What a mess of a season. Remember when this was held up as like a shining example of what superhero shows could be?

Meerkat and Raku like this.
  20. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

We'll always have Season 2.... :verysad:

21. I keep getting mad at myself for even putting this on in the background.

22. Meerkat

There's a lot of speculation that she's not actually dead, and given this show's track record I wouldn't put it past them.
    Going with the idea that she is actually dead though, I can't believe they made sure her death was about Oliver. Based off the TVLine interview with Marc Guggenheim, it sounds like they just gave up on her character. And to use "we haven't been able to make courtroom scenes work on our show" as an excuse is incredibly lazy. So have Laurel quit? A storyline where she realizes she can't be the Black Canary and work in law so she gives up law and tries to find other meaning/professional goals would've been great. This decision just proves to me what I've been saying for a while now: show, The Flash, and Legends (with the exception of Sara) have no idea what to do with their female characters.

23. Raku

Regular

Gonna spoiler some things because the episode is still (somewhat) new.

After thinking over this a lot, I think I might be done with Arrow (not the Flarrowverse (I know it's arrowverse officially, but I like to include the Flash part in with the Arrow part) I'll still watch Flash and Legends of Tomorrow) and it isn't just because of the death of this character (although my initial gut reaction when it was a rumor was "Forget that, I'm gonna quit the show if that's true", but as I said in one of my spoiler tags I was able to sit down, and begrudgingly accept that character's fate (although like I also said in another previous spoiler tag "they had so much story potential") then the news hit that the rumors were true and Laurel was killed off. While disappointed I still had (and do still have) some hope that maybe they (possibly the backlash will encourage them) could make them somehow retcon this decision (outside of replacing the character with their Earth-2 counterpart because that would still not be fully satisfying). So while waiting to see what will happen in the future of this series I decided to not only look around on the net for other opinions (outside of this thread) I was reminded by how poorly they handled this character, and was shocked by how short-lived their stint as an active member on the team was. Then I thought back to my own personal feelings towards the show. Like everyone else I wasn't that big of a fan of the third season, and while this season started off good it just became a chore to watch (I would even allow myself to fall behind while making sure I was on top of other show). Plus (not to be on the bandwagon) I can't stand the Oliver+Felicity ship they having going on (The endless drama around those two, and how poorly written Felicity has been written as a character recently). That being said, outside of some possible retcon the could pull like they did with Sarah and Thea, and maybe improvement in the writing of the overall series.

I unfortunately think it's safe to say that I'm officially done with this show. I might check back to it from time to time, but I don't think I will be supporting it either anymore.

24. Raku Apr 7, 2016
    (Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2016)
    Raku

Regular

Honestly, I wouldn't mind if they did that, but if she isn't dead then why throw a fake funeral? Why be like "Okay, I'm seriously gonna kill this guy now"? I honestly think it's wishful thinking. Like I said maybe someway they'll find a way to retcon her death.

I fully agree with you, so much potential wasted, and poorly handled.

25. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

I do not believe that Laurel is actually dead. She asked Oliver for one last favour and then the camera conveniently cuts to a different scene and she 'dies'. I reckon her death was faked and Oliver is aware of it, either that or she will come back in some fashion in the season finale