Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Arrow (CW) TV Show • Page 16

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. That finale was fuego. A great cap to a great season. Loved seeing Slade again.

jjnunn118 likes this.
  2. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Yep. That was awesome.

3. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

Felicity obviously calls Team Flash.

Raku and Colby Searcy like this.
  4. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Amell was awesome on American Ninja Warrior last night.

Joe likes this.
  5. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Colby Searcy and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  6. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

I honestly miss having cliffhangers, so this was good.

7. Dodge725

Trusted

After seeing all the good reviews for the season, I decided to jump back in where I fell off. While I'm enjoying the new Black Canary, I can't help but still be frustrated by the need for her. Three Black Canaries in three seasons is just stupid and wouldn't be an issue if the show would stop killing off its female heroes as plot devices.

Raku, Whalejaw and Colby Searcy like this.
  8. drewinseries

Drew

Killing Laurel was a huge mistake. I'm enjoying this latest season (think I'm on episode 18 or something), but this season also reiterates why I really dislike Felicity.

Raku likes this.
  9. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

And why's that? Re: Felicity?

10. The writing for her is consistently terrible? I don't think the relationship drama, terrible family, or magical computer hacking skills have ever been compelling and since for some dumb reason they decided to shift her from supporting to the female lead it consumes too much time that could be used to develop more interesting characters like Thea.

Raku and drewinseries like this.
  11. Craig Manning

I like Felicity, but I agree that Thea got shafted a bit this season. Hopefully they utilize her better going forward.

Deanna likes this.
  12. drewinseries

Drew

The show's priorities seem to be Felicity's feelings above the actual content of Green Arrow. One of my fears of a DC show on the CW was it being too soap opera like, or teen drama related, and her existence completely embodies that.

And as mentioned above, her writing is consistently terrible. Thea and Laurel would have been way better female charactes to focus on.

Raku likes this.
  13. Arrow and Flash have pretty much always been soap operas. It's CW.

Felicity's character got a lot worse the last couple seasons because all her conflict had to do with Oliver and their relationship, which became tiring. I still have my issues, but I think she improved this season. Plus, Emily Bett Rickards is clearly a better actress than Willa Holland or Katie Cassidy, so I don't mind that she gets more focus.

NewSurrender and Colby Searcy like this.
  14. drewinseries

Drew

I'd rather see more Thea and Laurel than Felicity. Any day.

Raku likes this.
  15. Craig Manning

I think Willa Holland is a better actress, personally.

Raku and stayillogical like this.
  16. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

Yeah, I'd say Willa Holland is the best. I was so excited when she got her training and became part of the team, I wish she still was.

Raku likes this.
  17. drewinseries

Drew

If they gave Thea even half the time they gave Felicity the show would be way better for it.

Raku likes this.
  18. Craig Manning

I really didn't have an issue with Felicity this season. My only big issue with the season overall was probably Thea disappearing for large stretches of it.

19. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

They only had Willa Holland on contract for 13 episodes this season. Producers said this in an interview on either EW or TVLine months ago. That's why she disappeared for long stretches with random reasons

20. Dodge725

Trusted

So why wouldn't Oliver kill Chase in the last handful of episodes? Just because Chase wanted him to? Oliver has killed so many villains including Darhk after he "became a hero", and I don't see why this is different to be honest. The season was solid and the return of all the characters from seasons past was really cool, but I think attacking the killing in the first two seasons so much was a mistake. It almost tells the audience that the two seasons most like the best, he wasn't a hero and we shouldn't have been rooting for him or enjoying them as much because he was such a monster. It feels odd to retroactively attack the consensus high point of the show.

And screw them for making Laurel show up in the flashbacks as his love and light again to stop him from committing suicide. After all the crap they've put that character through and all the things they did to avoid that relationship, you can't just bring that thread back after never doing anything with it and then destroying it.

Raku and Whalejaw like this.
  21. drewinseries

Drew

Chase was at his best when he was still running around as DA with threats as holding people hostage. What made it semi work for me was the bombs triggered on the island, leaving some sense of tension.

22. I'm glad I gave in and caught up on this season. Doesn't make up for the garbage of 3/4 but it definitely was just as good as 1/2 and felt like Arrow again. That finale really was awesome. I'm a big Deathstroke fan and he's what got me into this show, so I loved him being back.

23. drewinseries

Drew

Rewatching season 2 and it honestly is bringing down season 5 a bit for me, Slade/Chase are very similar in their methods.

24. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Really liking this costume

[​IMG]

thedrudo and Joe like this.
  25. I guess this means it's time to kill her off to introduce another Canary.

drewinseries, Raku and Colby Searcy like this.