Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Arrow (CW) TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

Arrow is an American television series developed by writer/producers Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim, and Andrew Kreisberg. It is based on the DC Comics character Green Arrow, a costumed crime-fighter created by Mort Weisinger and George Papp. It premiered in North America on The CW on October 10, 2012, with international broadcasting taking place in late 2012. Primarily filmed in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, the series follows billionaire playboy Oliver Queen, portrayed by Stephen Amell, who, five years after being stranded on a hostile island, returns home to fight crime and corruption as a secret vigilante whose weapon of choice is a bow and arrow. Unlike in the comic books, Queen does not go by the alias "Green Arrow" until the fourth season.

2. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

All I do when I think about this show is sigh. If you charted out the show's quality is basically looks like this: /v

Jason Tate likes this.
  3. Meerkat

It gets really good, then really awful, then mediocre

4. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

This season has been disappointing to say the least, but at least it isn't as outright bad as some of the stuff in the back-half of last season.

Well, except for
    Felicity's character completely tanking once again after having been so great through most of the season. Not to mention her overcoming paraplegia, leaving oliver and walking straight out of the room after Oliver made the decision (Which doesn't really involve her at all really) to keep his son out of his life, at least for another 10 or so years.

Seriously what happened to these writers, did they all leave to focus on Flash and Legends of Tomorrow?

Raku likes this.
  5. DeviantRogue

Man that episode was bad

6. Meerkat

I was very impressed/surprised that at the end of the episode, Felicity said her monologue about love didn't apply to her and Oliver. Was very nervous (and not surprised given the last two seasons) that they were actually having her say that she couldn't have found herself without Oliver.

7. DeviantRogue

They'll be back together in two episodes.

The whole episode felt forced with Cupid showing up immediately after Ollie and Felicity slit shouting love is dead,

8. phaynes1

Regular

Need to catch up with this season

9. DeviantRogue

eeh.

10. I am one week behind at the moment, but I am not happy with the episode I just saw. Ugh. Did all the good writers go to Flash? Or what happened here? Because something is missing and I can't quite put my finger on it.

Meerkat and DeviantRogue like this.
  11. Meerkat

Marc Guggenheim said at the Legends of Tomorrow panel at WonderCon today that even before they knew Legends had been picked up, they had always planned to tell the story of Sara being resurrected through the Lazarus Pit and also Ray becoming the Atom (which is a bit more obvious). I'm curious as to how that would've played out on the show and if Sara would've become a recurring character or series regular or if they would've resurrected her and then not used her. Because otherwise the show would've become super bloated, especially factoring in that they'd have Ray/Atom to play around with

DeviantRogue likes this.
  12. DeviantRogue

Buckle your seatbelts because this week's episode was among series worst territory.

13. DeviantRogue

How'd you enjoy WonderCon?

14. Meerkat

@Jason Tate how hard did you roll your eyes with Felicity's chip implant working just in time for her to literally walk out on Oliver
    @DeviantRogue I really enjoyed it. It was my first time at this type of convention. It was so much fun seeing the detail in people's costumes. Definitely something I'd consider going to again.

Jason Tate and DeviantRogue like this.
  15. Oh my god. The moment she started that speech I knew it was coming. And then the whole time it just felt like writers being like "we gotta break them up now" -- cause that's how relationships work on TV. I think watching that kind of relationship drama messed with me as a youth. I thought that's how relationships were supposed to work, of course you break up each week and get back together the next! That's just how it is!

lightning13 likes this.
  16. Oh no. Just hit play. So ... here goes nothing.

DeviantRogue likes this.
  17. Oh my god these court scenes have me physically angry at the TV.

DeviantRogue likes this.
  18. :eyeroll:

Meerkat and DeviantRogue like this.
  19. Meerkat

Speedy hitting the wall is one of the most bizarre things they've done in an action sequence. I thought it'd serve a greater purpose (knocking the blood lust out of her?) but it looks like they just wanted Speedy to hit a wall while clinging to the top of a car

Jason Tate likes this.
  20. DeviantRogue

Fake wedding ceremony was just bad all around, so so bad.

Jason Tate likes this.
  21. Meerkat

Rolled my eyes real hard at that reveal.

I loved the moment with Thea and Felicity at the end, but all it did was make me angry we don't see more of interactions with those two and Laurel or some combination of the three. They really have a chance to show some great female friendships on this show and they waste it.

22. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

I like this show still but this last episode was terrible. Probably the worst of the series. Too cartoonish. Curtis annoyed me and so did Mama Smoak.

Flash is very good at the moment

23. The Cupid episode was so much worse. Curtis is fun!

24. dash64

This is my design

Newest episode was awful. Whose idea was it to include all of those bee puns?

25. Meerkat

The bee puns were so grating against Arrow's usual tone. It's something they might've gotten away with on The Flash or Legends, but it was really jarring on Arrow

dash64 likes this.