Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Arrested Development (Netflix) TV Show • Page 60

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I want to say that that dream died with those interviews that made her cry and Tambor being a piece of shit in general.

Nyquist likes this.
  2. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I'll continue to defend the original season 4 to the death. It's not really Arrested Development, but it's truly a masterwork in story telling. They way they intersect all the storylines and payoffs is unbelievable.

I really wish Mitch didn't forget AD was a half hour episodic sitcom and start trying to make these big multi season arcs.

3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

not sure I would directly connect AD and Schitts. Schitts isn't layered and complex like AD, it's more in line with like... Parks and Rec or something that's smart but straightforward still. When I think AD-inspired, it's Community or Happy Endings, etc

Philll likes this.
  4. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I know this wasn’t your point but we stalled out rewatching community in season 2. It kinda sucks.

popdisaster00 likes this.
  5. irthesteve

Definitely doesn't suck, but that's too bad you didn't like it

6. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Rip queen

I love this show and schitt’s creek but I do not think community is very funny at all :(

7. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Ok enough Community slander thanks

irthesteve and Greg like this.
  8. Lucas27

Trusted

So sad about Jessica Walters.

I put Lucille Bluth right up there with Niles Crane and Michael Scott as the best and funniest sitcom characters of all-time.

9. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Having never seen this show before, I just got done watching the first two episodes of season 1. Yes, yes I want more of this

ramomcferno and popdisaster00 like this.
  10. You’re in for such a treat

coleslawed and Ferrari333SP like this.
  11. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Just stop at Season 3 and you’re golden.

OG season 4 was great (at the time) but it’s not worth watching considering it doesn’t actually end definitively and there’s no reason on the planet to watch season 5, so

12. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

1-3 are the greatest seasons of any TV sitcom of all time. I've seen every episode at least 10 times and I still find new jokes when I rewatch.

Does the original cut of Season 4 even exist anymore? The recut sucked shit

ramomcferno likes this.
  13. irthesteve

I thought the re-cut was good, the original S4 was good too. Just different. 5 was just so bad though, I wish it wasn't

ramomcferno likes this.
  14. Anthony_

The original cut is in like in the “extras” section

15. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

The recut is like 98% narration

ramomcferno likes this.
  16. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I still say S3 is a step down from 1 and 2, mainly the Charlize Theron storyline. But it’s still very good.

I Am Mick likes this.
  17. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

2>1>3

18. ramomcferno

Mystery is the secret ingredient Prestigious

What does everyone think about the the series finale. I think it was good for what they had at that point. It was the high point of season 5 but as others have said that isn't saying much. That being said, I remember really liking the "pick a lane" joke.

19. I'm probably due for a rewatch of this, I remember almost nothing about season five

20. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I didn’t even finish the last season

21. JM95

Trusted

I don't think I even finished the first half of season five.

22. irthesteve

I remember it being absolutely horrible and something about someone getting stuck in cement and it wasn't funny

23. Anthony_

I watched the first half of season 5 and then had less than zero desire to go back and finish it. Absolute trash and a real "Emperor has no clothes" moment for Hurwitz

24. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Same here, and the second half of the season having the most detrimental PR blitz of all time didn’t help

25. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

I thought the re-cut of S4 was a clear improvement over the original and I thought the consensus was the same when it was released. I know they had to film it this way, but original version just has way to much of individual characters without enough interaction with the rest of the cast. I thought it was hard to get through.