Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Arrested Development (Netflix) TV Show • Page 57

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Not even gonna bother with the new season. This show is dead to me after the disaster of season 4 (yes ive seen the remix and it doesnt do it justice) and learning about the shittiness of the male cast. There are funnier comedies out now anyway.

Joe4th likes this.
  2. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

Briefly in the finale.

3. If you guys want something similar but way better, watch Schitt’s Creek

4. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Damn, that’s a good shoe.

5. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Totally agree with the Schitts Creek comparison. I’d argue the dialogue is also much less stilted and feels more natural than Arrested Development’s, which although great in the early seasons did have a pre-written feel to them. I love the way Schitts Creek feels almost improvised at parts... idk if that makes sense but it feels like a great cross of the best parts of Arrested Development and Its Always Sunny.

mattfreaksmeout and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  6. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

I think moving away from the 22-minute format was disastrous for this show.

7. ramomcferno

Mystery is the secret ingredient Prestigious

Totally agree. That is what made the show feel so punchy and that they had for pack in the jokes. I can't think of one joke that they let "breathe" that was better for that.

8. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Lol the flashbacks to when they are kids having some weird Bloodline-esque parody feel was such tonal whiplash that the reveal actually landed for me and I found it kind of funny.

Dodger likes this.
  9. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Well that was a...weird ending. Odd that there was no like final shot of Michael and George Michael.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  10. Henry

Moderator Moderator

It just felt like "nothing you just watched meant anything."

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  11. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

It as them leaving without a typical grand exit that Michael always does. It was more permanent of an exit for them than they’ve done in the whole series. Made sense to me.

mattfreaksmeout and ramomcferno like this.
  12. Only thing I laughed at in the first 2 episodes was the mailer daemon joke

13. Henry

Moderator Moderator

My problem was more with the Buster revelation than the Michael leaving. His leaving didn't feel much different than what he did at the beginning of season four.

Dodger likes this.
  14. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I didn’t like the final ending about Buster either, but I think Michael and George Michael’s exit worked.

ramomcferno and Dodger like this.
  15. ramomcferno

Mystery is the secret ingredient Prestigious

Yeah I didn't like that Buster revelation because it could lead to Michael returning. Minus that, I really liked the ending.

16. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I watched the first three episodes of Schitt’s Creek because of the recommendations above on this page, but man, I must be watching something else. I don’t think I grinned or chuckled even once.

17. Started watching the first episode and turned it off so quickly. Ugh. It wasn't even offensively bad, I've just stopped caring about these characters and this storyline. That sucks.

18. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

It takes some time to find its footing. I say stick with it for a few more episodes.

19. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

I finished it. I liked it overall but Tobias' "family" sucked and the flashback/imagine family bits went on too long although the kid being young GOB was good. Obviously not as good as the first 3 seasons but still found it really funny.

Steve_JustAGuy likes this.
  20. Henry

Moderator Moderator

He was fantastic on The Mick. That kid has a lot of potential.

mescalineeyes and Steve_JustAGuy like this.
  21. This was about on par with the first half of the season for me. Certainly nothing as good as the first three seasons, but nothing outright terrible like some of the reactions in this thread (imo). I actually really enjoyed the finale.

"Howard you like me now, dad?"

22. Steve_JustAGuy Mar 20, 2019
    (Last edited: Mar 20, 2019)
    Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

It was fine I suppose. My rewatches of this show will always end at season three. I legit laughed when Tony Wonder came back.

Preserved Moose likes this.
  23. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

I actually didn't see that coming at all. It made me genuinely happy!

24. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

I definitely love the Tony / GOB plot the most throughout 4/5

25. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I thought it would have been funnier if Wonder was dead