Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Arrested Development (Netflix) TV Show • Page 55

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I wouldn't sit through the first half of season 5 again if Sarandos himself came to my house and paid me to

kbeef2 and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  2. abw123

Trusted

I'm about to rewatch it and I too don't remember much other than my incredible disappointment and also the fact that they were still doing the same plots from season 4 such as FakeBlock and The Wall, cannot believe they milked those for 23 episodes (and probably more). Such a fascinatingly bad decision.

sammyboy516 likes this.
  3. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

It just needed to go back to 22 minute stand alone episodes. I don’t know why Hurwitz thought it needed to be so big

coleslawed and ramomcferno like this.
  4. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

The re-cut of season 4 is way, way better than the original mess of a release.

5. abw123

Trusted

Yes, I agree, but still not nearly as good as seasons 1-3. The whole thing felt like a "cover band" version of AD to me, like different people were writing it, even though that's not true.

Doesn't mean there aren't funny parts, there are.

6. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, it's a step down but those first three seasons are like 10/10, so I wasn't expecting it to stay at that level or even be close.

ramomcferno likes this.
  7. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I definitely need to rewatch the first half of S5 at least, can't figure out if I want to do another full series rewatch already

8. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I'm going to re-watch the first half of the season before the new ones drop

9. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

Just finished a series rewatch. First half of S5 wasnt as bad the second time as the furst but still very meh.

That said the teasers/trailers for S5 part 2 actually look pretty good.

10. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Did they ever give a reason for splitting it up in the first place?

11. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

A delusional expectation that they would qualify for more Emmy noms

I Am Mick, Kyle Max and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  12. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Yeah it's a thing that studios do these days to get the same season in two Emmy seasons. Game of Thrones did it, Breaking Bad did it (but I think that was more of AMC wanting to prolong the end of the show), Kimmy Schmidt did it, Shameless just did it, etc etc

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  13. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

New episodes are getting pretty good reviews

14. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I'll probably watch all of season five instead of just this second half. I need a refresher of the story lines.

15. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Are they though? Most of the ones I’ve seen have been very negative. EW gave it a D, The Guardian gave it a 1/5, and after a google search it looks like it was panned by CoS, The Verge, and GQ.

16. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I have no desire to watch this after everything that happened. Doesn't seem like I'll be missing much.

OotyPa likes this.
  17. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I was reading reactions from AD fans who say it’s way better then the first half.

18. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Oh. Yeah you’re right, most of those seem to be positive. Feel like I’ve been burned by that before tho.

19. Wow how fucking weird is it that the new episodes drop today and it’s barely even news

ECV and ramomcferno like this.
  20. And was it ever made clear if this is the end? I’m gonna watch but I hope the last episode is a series finale

21. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I'm finding this a lot more palatable than the first half. Maybe that is just because the first half finished a lot stronger than it started.

22. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

I sorta feel like a crazy person for finding all the new stuff funny. But I do. Soooo

“But the coding...”

23. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I find it amusing, but the jokes are a little too predictable now. They really punched that Guy Fawkes joke how so there was NO CHANCE of it being a surprise or very funny.

24. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

“You bet your balls I can get you some Guy Fawkes’.” First time I felt like I really laughed out loud this season. I’m struggling to get through the rest.

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  25. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

That’s a lie the Oscar and buster stuff has made me giggle