Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Arrested Development (Netflix) TV Show • Page 53

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Davjs

Trusted

I don't think I should have read that lol

2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

why not? The fifth season is a two parter.

3. Davjs

Trusted

Oh, I am still on 4 and didn't know if I ruined it for myself that there is some kind of crazy cliff hanger or something.

4. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

There isn't, the last episode in S5 just ends like any other episode iirc and then there's just no more

Still think it's really weird how they did this

Davjs likes this.
  5. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Netflix did the same thing with Kimmy Schmidt and a few other shows. Essentially it allows for Netflix to get a single season of a show in two award show years. And it prolongs the end of popular shows. It's dumb. Similar to this last season of GOT, Breaking Bad did it, it's an annoying thing that networks do these days

cybele likes this.
  6. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

True, but this sure isn’t getting any noms.

Paddy, coleslawed and ramomcferno like this.
  7. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

[​IMG]

8. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

The first half of S5 was borderline unwatchable, not excited.

a nice person and Chuck! like this.
  9. Davjs

Trusted

so.......not "so good"?

I don't like this side of you.

skurt likes this.
  10. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

It was a dumpster fire of a season.

Dirty Sanchez and Davjs like this.
  11. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm not overly excited about it, but I'll check it out once it drops. I liked the first half of the season.

ramomcferno and stars143 like this.
  12. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

I got almost no enjoyment out of the first half but I’ll probably watch this just out of obligation, then go back to pretending the Netflix seasons didn’t happen

13. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Yeah I feel obligated to finish the series, which is a bad sign

14. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

There was a time in my life where I couldn’t have fathomed be this uninterested in new episodes of Arrested Develoment.

15. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

I probably won’t watch.

16. Chuck!

Regular

Season 4 seems like a masterpiece compared to Season 5. And S4 was not good

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  17. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Same. Typically, I would have been checking for a release date daily, but here we are with confirmation and it barely warranted a meh from me. Can’t believe how bad a taste S5 left in my mouth. Literally don’t remember one moment from any of the episodes tbh.

18. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

i made it like partway through the original S4 (before the re-edit) but never finished it. still don't feel a strong urge to watch any more, i mostly just rewatch the first three. good to know i'm not missing much.

19. AP_Punk

achin' to be Prestigious

Recently discovered Schitts Creek and not only has that filled the void left by current AD, it's also kinda surpassed AD as my favorite comedy. Yowzas

20. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I still haven't seen anything past the original cut of Season 4. I've put it off because of the negative reactions (and my not really loving S4)

I feel compelled to finish the series (including the re-cut of S4) but at the same time I don't really want to tarnish the idea of the show that I have in my head.

21. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Even before that horrific group interview took place I was struggling to get through the re-cut of season 4. It's not good, and it also really kind of pre-sages a lot of the problems with the first half of season 5.

I still haven't decided if or when I'll watch the rest of the episodes when they come out. Everything about this show has been pretty much tainted forever by Tambor, by the recent behavior of the rest of male cast (minus Michael Cera), and also by how truly bad the first half of S5 was.

If you had told early 2017 me that I would one day be talking about Arrested Development this way, I would have never believed you.

22. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

[​IMG]

OotyPa likes this.
  23. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Season 4 recut and season 5 are way too narration heavy.

24. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I tried the recut version but it was literally just Ron Howard speaking and guiding us by the hand. It was painful.

25. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

coleslawed and Dirty Sanchez like this.