Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Arrested Development (Netflix) TV Show • Page 51

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. It’s just not funny which is not something I thought I’d ever say about this show

kbeef2 and Jason Tate like this.
  2. Dog with a Blog

There was never a point where I actively hated it but I felt absolutely nothing throughout. It was akin to a screensaver. I wasn’t kidding when I said I forgot I never finished it because in my mind it barely existed.

3. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

There is another timeline in which this show was never brought back after it was unjustly canceled after three seasons and was widely considered to be one of the funniest, most well written comedies/tv shows ever made.

True bummer.

4. I still can’t get over how much of a nose dive the writing took.

5. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I don’t even need the second half of the season to release. I’ll just pretend season 3 was the last one

6. Dog with a Blog

I didn’t realize that wasn’t the full season lol. And the next part is still considered season 5?

7. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Regardless of quality, Netflix fucked up the release so so so badly

8. I mean the dumbass abusive actor and actors in their interviews fucked up more than Netflix.

Anna Acosta and ComedownMachine like this.
  9. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Obviously.

10. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Only laugh out loud funny parts of the latest season was Alia Shawkat.

11. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

The ending of season 3 is a perfect ending anyways

Dodger and Dog with a Blog like this.
  12. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Exactly, I have no idea why people wanted it revived so badly anyway. Sometimes shorter shows are better

13. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

I was watching back the Christmas episode yesterday. Afternoon Delight. Absolutely incredible, so many classic moments in just one episode, and most of it takes places on two sets.

If that was a season 5 episode there’d have been 15 minutes of exposition and none of the characters would have been in the same place for more than one scene.

Nyquist and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  14. Good point, the 22 minute time limit helped a lot back then

Nyquist and Jason Tate like this.
  15. The recut version of season four vastly improved it imo, but... it wasn't the same.

And I couldn't get through season five. I don't know if it was the writing or having to look at Tambor or the interviews or what, but the whole thing made it a perfect storm of unwatchable for me. I just didn't care.

SpyKi, ECV and Jason Tate like this.
  16. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

I think it’s a stretch to say it was critically panned but it’s definitely not as good as 1-3 for me.

17. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Deleted a shitty post I made in here last night, sorry about that.

18. It’s the worst reviewed season of the show. And I didn’t read one reviewer I trust that liked it.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  19. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

That doesn’t mean it was critically panned though.

20. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

Those things don’t make it critically pannned. I don’t think arguing with you is going to change your mind. I enjoyed it more than S4 but much less that 1-3 so we agree there.

Dinosaurs Dish likes this.
  21. I think it getting the worst reviews by fans and critics of its entire run make it critically panned. Even the “good” reviews say it’s not near what it was. I think the phrase fits well. The last season was so bad and so poorly handled by those involved it literally killed the show and ruined it for a large group of fans. Can’t think of a worse outcome to releasing a season of TV than that.

22. If a show got A ratings for most of its life and all of a sudden is getting a D average. Yeah, I’m more than ok with that phrase.

23. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

But it’s not the correct phrase to use for it. Over 60% on RT isn’t critically panned. People not liking it is fine, but there’s no reason to make up definitions, haha

24. 60% is bad. For this show it's abysmal.

25. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

60% isn’t bad, it’s slighly above average. Which is what season five is.

You haven’t finished it, so I don’t know how you’re so adamant about it being abysmal.