Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Arrested Development (Netflix) TV Show • Page 50

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. I think they should all be done :-p

2. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

That sucks, she was one of the best parts of season five.

3. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Yeah. I think the show is done.

I’ll always consider s3 finale the true ending, but I hope s5 has a good ending. Not a cliff hanger

popdisaster00 likes this.
  4. I'm gonna watch the last half of S5 when it drops, and then I imagine any future rewatches of the show will only be 1-3

contra11mundum and I Am Mick like this.
  5. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Definitely feeling like S5 is the final one

6. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

The hype/excitement for this show has simply deflated.

coleslawed and popdisaster00 like this.
  7. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

With everything that happened with Jeffrey and that awful, now infamous interview and Portia retiring and now Alia calling it a day and Mitch being the only one left really running everything as opposed to the first three seasons...yeah. I’d say it’s time to let go. Arrested Development was, for me at least, a product of its time that managed to also be ahead of the curve. The world has changed and I’m not so sure we really need this anymore. Switching political gears to modernize it by now lampooning the Trump family isn’t necessarily something I have the stomach for. I don’t want to laugh at rich socialites falling over themselves anymore. I’m in a world now where I want to watch the poor eat them.

8. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Just give Michael Cera, Alia Shawkat and Jessica Walter a spin off show with a different writer

9. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

Just got around to watching this new season. Not great, not terrible. Didn't have any huge hilarious moments that past seasons had. I did like the whole Rebel storyline between Michael and GM though.

Connor likes this.
  10. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

never finished watching OG season 4 or the recut version. forgot that season 5 came out! i'm just afraid of watering down my love of AD if the new ones aren't the same (which, how could they be)

11. Dog with a Blog

I forgot I never finished the new season

Dirty Sanchez and Connor like this.
  12. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

13. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

It’s obviously not as good as earlier seasons. But it’s still funny enough to check out.

irthesteve and stars143 like this.
  14. Dog with a Blog

Yeah. From what I saw I wasn’t really impressed, unfortunately. What I loved about the original run was that even if it wasn’t always laugh out loud funny, it was consistently amusing. When this wasn’t laugh out loud funny, it also wasn’t very interesting

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  15. irthesteve

Correct

16. I bailed too. It sucked.

OotyPa likes this.
  17. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

It didn’t suck. It’s just not 10/10 like it was for the first three seasons.

irthesteve likes this.
  18. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

It definitely sucked

Jason Tate likes this.
  19. irthesteve

Correct

20. When die hard fans find it unwatchable ... I’d say that’s a bad sign. The results speak for themselves. It was a disaster of a release, got critically panned, streaming numbers were way down, and actors are bailing. Show ends at season 3 for me.

OotyPa and AP_Punk like this.
  21. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

It absolutely sucked

Jason Tate likes this.
  22. EASheartsVinyl Dec 1, 2018
    (Last edited: Dec 1, 2018)
    EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

After all the Tambor stuff and the absolute debacle of the press tour I never even watched a bit of it. Haven’t missed it either, although the fact that it made no impression on pop culture I think helped that.

cybele, Jason Tate and OotyPa like this.
  23. The original series is maybe my favorite show or piece of media ever released and I’m comfortable saying the new season sucked

Jason Tate likes this.
  24. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

Imagine how bad the second half of season 5s gonna be

25. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Yeah Tambor grosses me out and season 4 was such a turn off. The remix didnt help much and those interviews i read prevented me from even giving it a chance

EASheartsVinyl and Jason Tate like this.