Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Arrested Development (Netflix) TV Show • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. abw123

Trusted

A prequel series is a terrible idea.

2. abw123

Trusted

Smacks of desperation. The last season was subpar compared to previous for reasons already stated. If they can't get everyone committed to do a REAL new season with original cast all available, let it die.

3. fronkensteen

Trusted

Even if something new comes out and sucks, it doesn't ruin the earlier seasons that were amazing.

4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

and judging quality of something before it exists is worthless

FTank, suicidesaints, Joe4th and 3 others like this.
  5. I don't know I feel pretty strongly about the legacy of the show tbh

JM95 likes this.
  6. mad

I was right. Prestigious

I wish Ann sang more often it destroys me every time

fronkensteen likes this.
  7. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

i queued up S3E2 the other day, and an intro played explaining how Michael had arranged to have George put under house arrest (with that "more touching!" line) and that's literally never played for me before. i had been wondering for so long how that happened!

8. Lucas27

Trusted

This is still the most I have ever laughed at a single scene in any show. The layers of humor are unreal.

9. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I just rewatched that clip 5 times and the background picture falling kills me every time.

coleslawed and Lucas27 like this.
  10. Lucas27

Trusted

I know! And just the fact that he actually thinks he's going to enchant Maeby by flying down from the bannister is one of the funniest things to me ever.

11. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Seasons 1-3 are leaving Netflix on April 1.

[​IMG]

12. tucah

not champ Prestigious

feels super weird that they'd let the first 3 seasons leave/not aggressively try and make a deal to keep them on when they produced a fourth

ramomcferno and coleslawed like this.
  13. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Makes me think that season 5 is definitely not going to happen.

tucah likes this.
  14. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

A lot of the time stuff gets renewed at the last minute. I watched Clone Wars non-stop for a month when it was set to expire then it was renewed on the day before

15. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I wouldn't read into that too much honestly. 20th Century Fox owns the right to the show, all 4 seasons, and gets to decide what they want to do with them. They definitely made a different deal with Netflix for the first 3 seasons than the 4th (obviously) and the original contract for seasons 1-3 is ending. This means that Fox and Netflix have to re-up a deal to keep Seasons 1-3 streaming on Netflix. I guarantee you that Fox is wanting MORE money from Netflix this time around, because they know the show is more valuable now. Netflix might not be interested in re-upping right now for many reasons.

All this being said, a streaming deal between Fox and Netflix is so far away from actual show production that I'm not going to worry

16. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

They're losing The X-Files also. Easily my two most rewatched shows.

Hulu's still got them though

suicidesaints likes this.
  17. ramomcferno

Mystery is the secret ingredient Prestigious

Yeah that is what makes the least sense to me about this situation. I hope they can get a deal done.

18. devenstonow

Noobie

fuck, really? I started trying to watch through that a little over a year ago but have only made it to like, the 3rd or 4th season (whenever the whole thing with scully's clone child or whatever happened).

I'd imagine Netflix will be willing to throw the money required to keep the show once we get closer to S5/they actually make it. Is there a precedent for a show being revived online and the streaming provider not getting the original series? Community on Yahoo is the only one I can think of (but it's community so it's production is always fucked up)

19. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

It is possible that this is a negotiating tactic. A few years ago, The X-Files showed up on the leaving Netflix list but it ended up staying.

Either that or Fox is starting its own streaming service a la CBS All Access, which is entirely plausible.

20. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

I sure hope they aren't.

coleslawed likes this.
  21. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Even if that's not what they're doing right now, I think it's pretty much inevitable

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  22. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

FUCK!! AD and X Files leaving? This is nonsense. Hopefully they will renegotiate.

23. Damn. Guess I should probably finally add these to my personal collection then. Haha, been watching off Netflix for so long after years of DVD watching.

24. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

i like to be able to go between seasons of shows without switching discs so often so i've gotten used to using Netflix instead of buying DVDs

ramomcferno likes this.
  25. Same mine are all collecting dust. Haha

suicidesaints likes this.