Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Arrested Development (Netflix) TV Show • Page 49

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

2. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

The hard times is consistently incredible.

Wharf Rat and cwhit like this.
  3. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

been a bunch of particularly excellent ones lately

4. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

It fooled my dumb ass, so yeah, it's convincing, haha

5. Jason Tate likes this.
  6. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

It’s option paralysis and it’s been bugging me lately. There’s so many amazing shows and movies and web whatevers out there, but nowhere near enough time to consume them. Even if it’s your job, there’s still not enough time. Constant FOMO if you’re a big media fan.

7. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

so LG has this contest running where you can win a special like, viewing party, for Arrested Development, The Crown and a mystery Netflix show. The AD one mentions in subtext somewhere that you'll be able to watch Season 5. The contest ends 8/22. Maybe the contest winner gets to watch the second half of the season before anyone else, or maybe the second half comes out right around then

The LG B&Binge: The Ultimate Binge-Watching Experience

8. irthesteve

OK and now I read even deeper, the dates of the event are Sept 13-15, 15-17.... so maybe Sept 14 is the second half of the season?

9. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I haven’t wanted to really watch this since season 4 was pretty blah and the whole Jeffrey Tambor thing left a terrible taste in my mouth. How is the new material?

riotspray likes this.
  10. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I think season five is better than season four but neither are as good as the original three.

11. I never finished it. :shrug:

Connor and popdisaster00 like this.
  12. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Definitely better, still flat. Alia has her strongest arc though which is nice.

Connor likes this.
  13. irthesteve

I feel the same as this.

Overall I am still happier that we have Seasons 4 and 5 than not having Seasons 4 and 5

14. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

I think that if 4 and 5 didn’t exist, Arrested Development would stand with the greatest shows (comedy and drama alike) ever made.

But with the mediocrity of 4 and 5 combined with the Tambor stuff, the show is just greatly tainted.

A shame, really.

Just my take, though.

Connor likes this.
  15. Yeah I kinda think of it as 2 different shows now

riotspray, Connor and Kyle Max like this.
  16. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

It just feels so all over the place story wise now. I’m still getting laughs, but the plot is a mess.

Aaron Mook, JM95 and ramomcferno like this.
  17. irthesteve

For me, new seasons don't taint old seasons. In the same way that a band releasing a bad album doesn't make me dislike their former output

18. ramomcferno

Mystery is the secret ingredient Prestigious

I agree with this. I am just glad we get to see more from these characters. There were a few really funny jokes/good moments in the later years.

It was my favorite show all-time but there is no question that those things tarnished the legacy. It is a shame.

19. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Absolutely. The first three seasons still stand up against any comedy show as far as quality, just not quantity.

20. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Season 5 was much worse than season 4 imo

Connor and a nice person like this.
  21. Season 3 was always only good to ok, with a few things of "great" splintered in. But the cracks were showing in that season. So, I'd say there's an argument to be made that there's more bad Arrested Development then there is good now. Not great for the legacy of the show. I'd never recommend any one watch the last two seasons.

wisdomfordebris and Connor like this.
  22. Henry

Moderator Moderator

23. JM95

Trusted

I'm not sure if I could be bothered with another AD. Haven't even finished this half-season yet.

popdisaster00 likes this.
  24. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm still looking forward to the rest of season five. I hate that they split it up.

stars143 likes this.
  25. irthesteve