Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

arrange - Blood Dust (October 11th) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by OotyPa, May 16, 2019.

1. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

your version is definitely superior

fleetdominion likes this.
  2. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

“what can change the ways my mind dictates the place I stay?
    but whatever my mind decides i'll have to catch the signs”

This album feels so warm to me. Yesterday I had this on while driving home from a long, difficult day at work and I just got lost in thought. You ever hear a piece of music and immediately feel thrown deep into a memory you’ve long forgotten about where it’s warm and safe even if the memory itself is a little rough around the edges and you can’t quite make out what it even is beyond feelings and colors? I don’t know if that makes sense. Thank you, Malcolm.

dadbolt and fleetdominion like this.
  3. fleetdominion

Regular

i totally get what you mean. thank you for posting your thoughts omg it made me smile big this morning ❤️

Nyquist likes this.
  4. fleetdominion

Regular

alright so whats yalls favorite tracks and also which one u think is the most shittiest track?

5. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Don’t have a favorite or least favorite, honestly. Fave changes every listen and there’s not a bit of filler on here for a least favorite. I love the instrumental tracks too. Would be cool to hear your take on an ambient/instrumental record one day, just a thought!

6. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Collars and Numbers is so good

7. wisdomfordebris Oct 22, 2019
    (Last edited: Oct 22, 2019)
    wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

The second half of this is especially great

8. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Okay i tried to choose my fave 5 songs on this and they are The Family Inheritance, Loom, Bringing the Block, Hunters, and Womb

honorable mentions are Strings, A Way for Me, and Never Is

9. fleetdominion

Regular

dudes yes! that makes stoked. my favs are probably yeah bringing the block, all the trouble and never is. this cd is so wild. i will definitely make an instrumental record that would be so fun

OotyPa likes this.
  10. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

i listen to bringing the block two times a day minimum

11. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Plz dont take 5 yrs to release it tho lol

12. fleetdominion

Regular

hell yeah baby!

also fuckin penguindrum slaps too gotta say

hahaha bro ... i promise it will never happen again

sophos34 likes this.
  13. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Penguindrum is my favy

14. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

But also so is All the Trouble

15. the second half of this really is something

16. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

This album is so great

17. fleetdominion

Regular

the second half is so dope i like how it swerves so much that you cant really tell where its goin until its all over

LWS likes this.
  18. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

@fleetdominion if you dont mind me asking, what were your influences for this record, man? Your top albums of the year? Would love to get an idea of the musical headspace you were in while putting together this masterpiece

fleetdominion and trevorshmevor like this.
  19. fleetdominion

Regular

:'''))) i started out writing this before tbiaf came out. the first song was "can't help every way" then "the lone ranger." i was 21 when i started that song and went back when i was 23 and added some vocals, so the time difference in the lyrics there were in real time. i stopped working on the record in think in 2016? "a way for me" was the last song finished with "bringing the block" before that. while "collars" and "violence" were both released in 2010 and reworked in 2014-15. the concept of time is really something else on this record.

i dont really remember a lot of the reference points musically but when I began I loved the album The Complete Guide to Insufficiency by David Thomas Broughton and that cd informed how i learned to make music and if you listen to Broughton's album you can definitely hear that influence. but of you havent heard this album y'all really should. its a masterpiece.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Qq_Cf-KV1k

but honestly i'd say mostly the influence is my life and just used all the instruments i had in front of me. i have this old like beginners organ i got from goodwill that I made the title track with for example. the song "loom" is a sample of the Lokua Konza song "wapi yo" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNZW_qgmLVc

some of my favs this year are that rod wave album PTSD, greedo's Still Summer in the Projects and Covered N Blood by Shy Glizzy.

the new mixes of Dont Tell a Soul by The Replacements on Dead Man's Pop is essential and the Kenmochi Hidefumi cd Footwork is tight and I still love this cd from 2018.

20. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

the fact you started writing it so long ago explains why i was feeling some plantation vibes for the first time in a while (which is a great thing)

21. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Wow David Thomas Broughton is right up my alley. Good shit

22. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

sampled all of it and it's all v different, all straight flames. gonna dig in deeper tomorrow but thanks for the recs :folded::folded::folded:

23. fleetdominion

Regular

sean_rugy and OhTheWater like this.
  24. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

David Thomas Boughton is incredible.

25. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Loom is such a beautiful song. I love the dark R&B-tinged sound we get a taste of on this album. Wild how perfectly it works alongside the songs that are more raw/acoustic