Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Armor For Sleep Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by CoffeeEyes17, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

The production is perfect, it sounds so good. Like the production reminds me of how good "Futures" sounds.

I love the End Of Fraud. Such a good closer. When they do the call back line of "don't believe that the weather is perfect the day that you die" part... It's huuuuge sounding.

teebs41 likes this.
  2. Kennedy

Also the beginning of "Awkward Last Words" is one of the best intros.

trevorshmevor and js977 like this.
  3. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

if there's anything new that sounds like ASF i'd also like to know, but i got a really heavy WTDWYAD vibe from turnover's Magnolia. doesn't have that space aesthetic but the vibes are there.

teebs41 likes this.
  4. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

we're getting close 2 halloween so ill be jamming WTDWYAD and other albums a lot

Trainwreck, WTDWYAD, Volcano, The Ugly Organ, Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge, White Pony, DIsintegration, The Used S/T, Hot Damn, War All The Time, Worship And Tribute, all for some reason speak to me even more during the fall season. i guess its because theyre all darker, slightly more aggressive, more atmospheric music with some obvious gothic influences

5. Kennedy

That's a big list of big albums

6. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

The Always Open Mouth is a perfect Halloween album.

7. CoffeeEyes17

ive never listened to Fear Before but ill check it out

8. airik625

You need to listen to that album at least. So good.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  9. airik625

Report back. It's one of my most played records in the last decade.

10. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Dead Poetic's New Medicines is one of my favorite fall albums. Always listen to it coming home for fall break.

11. Today I realized the little "ding" my car does when I've forgotten to put on my seatbelt is in the same key as A Quick Little Flight, the tone is very similar to the keys in that song as well. I honestly at first thought it was a part of the song I'd never picked up on lol

CoffeeEyes17 and js977 like this.
  12. CoffeeEyes17

WTDWYAD is a great album to listen to during this spooky season

teebs41, js977 and Joe4th like this.
  13. zachmacD Feb 12, 2018
    (Last edited: May 28, 2019)
    zachmacD

Trusted

Bumping this thread. Idk why but I’ve been listening to these guys nonstop the last few days. I forgot how much I used to love them. I stopped listening when Smile came out but then they were direct support for Saosin and I fell back in love. All of their music still holds up

trevorshmevor and js977 like this.
  14. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

DAMN I THOUGHT SOMETHING WAS GOING DOWN

js977 likes this.
  15. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I just listened to Ben Jorgensen’s solo EP a couple nights ago. Wish that got more traction, or that he did more stuff since, bc it was really good.

As I typed that I just remembered his like synth pop phase with a female artist. Can’t remember their name for the life of me though. Thought they had a solid single.

16. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Fall '09, by God Loves a Challenge

Miss AFS.

17. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

18. DTMB is still on regular rotation for me. I thought this was bumped because shit was happening haha. I'll always be thankful for their bass player for introducing me to Wet Hot American Summer.

19. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

running back through their discography again for the first time in a while, always an enjoyable listen, but damn I forgot how fucking great Williamsburg is

zachmacD and bradsonemanband like this.
  20. Chcurry182

Trusted Supporter

21. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Very good episode. Agree with Shane that I’d be curious to hear what new music from Ben or Armor sounds like in 2019.

zachmacD likes this.
  22. That was an awesome podcast episode. One of the big takeaways from it is that next year is the 15th anniversary of WTDWYAD, and the record label is apparently planning on repressing it, and Ben mentioned maybe throwing some unreleased material onto it as well. Yesss pleeeease!

Also, I forgot this existed. It's not very good.

23. zachmacD

Trusted

I wish Shane would’ve asked about some potential shows. I’d love to see them again

bradsonemanband likes this.
  24. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

I passed on buying a copy on the 10 year tour which I have regretted since so I am stoked for a repress!

bradsonemanband and Joe4th like this.
  25. right there with ya!