Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Armor For Sleep Band • Page 17

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by CoffeeEyes17, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Badtasteinmusic

Regular

I think the vocals are a bit hotter than what you’re used to in that chorus so it makes the guitars feel pushed back a bit. But I still think it pops. The vocal is a bit reserved for sure but I still like it a lot, I’m sure now that he’s older he probably feels more comfortable singing in his mid range and I think it sounds good here.

mix wise it’s sort of the opposite of the new MCR song chorus where the vocals are buried more but the guitars sound HUGE.

2. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Yeah, I think you’re right about the vocals being a bit hotter than a typical AFS track. Maybe that’s what’s throwing me off during the chorus.

I don’t hate this but I don’t love it? Ben’s voice still seems watered down and it’s lacking the intensity of WTDWYD in my opinion. Either way, stoked the guys are back.

3. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

new song sounds DOPE

4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Honestly pretty impressed that this song sounds like classic AFS

5. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Damn, yeah this is classic AFS alright.

Banger.

6. Hmmmm. Not sure if this one is for me, but super happy for them and glad people are enjoying it!

7. JM95

Trusted

It's alright, I think.

8. The Emologist

Crusted

Absolutely love this song. Sounds like it came straight off a 2005 sampler disc.

9. Chcurry182

Trusted Supporter

Phantoms likes this.
  10. Fixed Glitch

AP Attitude Era Superstar Supporter

Love the song. Gives me a sense of their nostalgic sound with enough freshness to make it exciting.

11. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Anyone see em yet on this tour? Sounded phenomenal tonight, though ben looked like he’s been awake for 40 days and 40 nights. Didn’t play anything off rain museum unfortunately but lots of great WTDWYAD choices regardless.

Phantoms and zachmacD like this.
  12. zachmacD

Trusted

I’m going tonight. Can’t wait!

disambigujason likes this.
  13. I think TEN was the standout band but AFS was very enjoyable.

14. cbronder1

Regular

Saw them back in October. Thought they sounded great!

15. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

im a big TEN fan but only got into them after TRTC. Unfortunately that record does nothing for me, but they sounded fantastic too and I was happy to see the crowd was very engaged.

on that note, pretty wild actually that when I saw Hawthorne heights open for armor last year, much of the crowd dissipated after HH (ngl, I was kinda surprised how big of a draw they had) and the energy was low during armor. Meanwhile in much smaller Albany last night, the crowd was wildly engaged and packed tight for both.

16. zachmacD

Trusted

My wife and I went last night in Montclair and got there shortly after the Spill Canvas started. I was surprised how many people were there early to see them, but they sounded great. I’m not a huge fan of TEN, but they were awesome. Ace still has a great voice ,and If they had that album on vinyl I would’ve bought it. It felt like a big chunk of the crowd left after them.

For AFS, you couldn’t ask for a better set. All of DTMB and 7 songs from WTDWYAD. I will say Ben’s voice was a little off. I can’t remember if he’s always sounded like that, but his vocals noticeably were the worst of the three bands. I still had a great time and the band sounded as tight as ever

disambigujason likes this.