Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Armor For Sleep Band • Page 11

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by CoffeeEyes17, Aug 15, 2016.

1. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I hate thinking this but if I had to guess I’d expect they put out something really nostalgic which sounds great in that lens but doesn’t end up on my EOTY list which I want it to

JM95 and JamesMichael like this.
  2. bradsonemanband Jun 12, 2020
    (Last edited: Jun 12, 2020)
    I just dug up my old AFS Comprehensive Guide to Touring DVD, as well as the What To Do When You Are Dead bonus DVD. Excited to watch these again!

Fun fact: In one of the DVDs, it shows Anthony trying to come up with his favorite movie, but he never actually says one. So later when I saw AFS, Say Anything, and Recover together (in a tiny 150 cap venue) (!!!!!) I asked him if he ever thought of what his favorite movie is, and he told me "Wet Hot American Summer." So the next day, I went to Blockbuster and rented that movie, and my life was forever changed. Now it's one of my favorite movies too.

3. Recover... what a blast from the past

bradsonemanband likes this.
  4. midnightxtaylor

Regular

Is Anthony still a part of AFS? I can't tell if he just doesn't have any social media to be tagged in when they post, or if he doesn't want to be a part of anything they're doing now.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  5. I'm on Smile For Them. I think I prefer its predecessor but damn that song goes hard

I'm obsessed with that lead guitar

6. WasEmoRocknowImjustold

Not newbie, I think Supporter

Smile for them had a few really catchy songs but What to do when you're dead is a masterpiece IMO and Dream to Make Believe a classic. They're one band I wish I could have heard another album or two from.

JamesMichael likes this.
  7. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Remember rewinding What To Do... on your CD player to get to track 0 and listen to One Last Regret before the album starts?

The digital age has no surprises like this.

8. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

My record shipped today! Had totally forgotten I even ordered it so pretty excited to get it.

bradsonemanband and Chcurry182 like this.
  9. I experienced the same feelings this morning haha

K0ta likes this.
  10. K0ta

Quarantine brain in full effect, don't remember half the things I preordered months and months ago aha

bradsonemanband likes this.
  11. jesseisabigdeal

Regular

i really want a copy but they're sold out. i hope they do a repress soon.

12. K0ta

You gotta be kidding me with this..seriously??? Second record in a month that's arrived busted

IMG_20200803_165452.jpg

IMG_20200803_165458.jpg

13. Daaaaaamn that's a bummer. Keeping my fingers crossed mine shows up okay...

K0ta likes this.
  14. K0ta

I'm not sure exactly but I think my package was crushed under another box. Hope yours arrives in better condition!

15. K0ta

It gets worse

IMG_20200803_170443.jpg
    IMG_20200803_170509.jpg

Crushed the record right through its sleeve. Just can't seem to catch a break haha

16. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

That’s a major bummer man.. FWIW it’s happen to me a lot since the fucking mail man will literally chuck the vinyl package to my door smh

K0ta likes this.
  17. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

K0ta likes this.
  18. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

This is a band I would love to hear new music from in 2020

K0ta and JamesMichael like this.
  19. K0ta Aug 4, 2020
    (Last edited: Aug 4, 2020)
    K0ta

The mail's a disaster right now (can't really blame them) but the packaging from merchnow was subpar too. Same with my Hayley Williams box set that was...also smashed (although not merchnow). :( Bubble wrap or even a fragile sticker might have helped...

Definitely going to reach out to merchnow, not sure about the post office but I am growing increasingly frustrated with the banged up and crushed packages. I just know they have a lot on their plate and it's probably incredibly shitty to be a postal worker right now.

20. zachmacD

Trusted

everyone has a lot on their plate right now, but we’re all expected to do our jobs correctly. The post office needs to get it together

21. they’re currently being sabotaged from the top down

literally being ordered to do their jobs incorrectly

K0ta and Joe4th like this.
  22. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

USPS is also on the verge of collapsing because they are getting zero support, but hey, get it together!!!!

K0ta likes this.
  23. zachmacD

Trusted

I’m referring to the whole system and yes they should be getting support. With that said, post handlers can still do their best and properly handle people’s belongings. Obviously this started from talking about a record, but Americans ship a lot more important items than just records. Lots of people are out of work, the economy is in shambles, and some people rely on the mail to receive essential items. Especially older folks who really shouldn’t be in public.

I work in finance. I can’t just do a shitty job with peoples money because I’m overworked

24. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Very Invisible is a solid b-side.

Sounds like it was recorded during the What To Do When You Are Dead sessions, and if that's the case - how did it not make the 15th Year Anniversary Edition?

25. Chcurry182

Trusted Supporter