Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Armor for Sleep - What To Do When You Are Dead Tour Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by spiffa0, Feb 26, 2020.

1. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I guess that it’s sort of implied that they might play the whole album but it doesn’t actually say that on any of the marketing? Since it’s not coming here I haven’t been following it, have they said they’re doing that?

2. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

I didn't really consider that, they haven't outright said they're playing the album in full, everyone just assumed it!

3. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I guess after the Dashboard ordeal, I can't blame TJ for being skeptical

4. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

Dashboard ordeal??? I went to The Almost in January which was billed as a Southern Weather album play, & they didn't play my fav song on that album, I'm still pretty pissed

5. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Not that it was an "ordeal" but Dashboard Confessional recently toured and the advert was a little confusing if you didn't really read the fine print.

[​IMG]

They were playing certain albums in full at specific dates and then just "playing songs from X album" at other dates. The advertising kinda led you to believe you were gonna get a full album show, but that wasn't exactly the case.

theasteriskera likes this.
  6. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

I don't think people were expecting full albums at the non-marked shows – but songs from ONLY those albums, instead of a greatest hits set.

riotspray and theasteriskera like this.
  7. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

right. whatever the case, I know there were people that were expressing confusion about it

8. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

To be honest, I’d rather they played a regular set than the second album in full. So many good songs on DTMB. Hell even their last record had a few good ones.

zachmacD and riotspray like this.
  9. TMS2787

Trusted

The Almost tour was a loud of horse shit. They said they’d play the album in its entirety but didn’t do it once. I don’t understand it. The Dashboard tour is stupid also. Playing the album “on shuffle”. No thanks.

10. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I’ve definitely been to a few full album shows where they do that...and it just doesn’t work.

riotspray and theasteriskera like this.
  11. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

Just got an e-mail from Ticketmaster saying this is postponed with no date yet

12. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

The first time AFS did this they didn’t play the album in order and I can’t remember if they even played it in full. They definitely played some DTMB songs. They did not pull out anything from Smile for Them at my date, cannot confirm if it was like that the entire tour or not. The Almost’s recent one was weird.

13. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

I went to their last show in Boston & they played the album in order, including the pregap song One Last Regret before Car Underwater & the bonus track Very Invisible. They played half of Dream To Make Believe, some before WTDWYAD some after, & they played Run Right Back in off of Smile for Them. I was REALLY pissed off about The Almost not playing all of Southern Weather, Stop It is one of my fav songs from that era & it didn't get played.

withchappedlips likes this.
  14. manoverboard365

Trusted

Don't see it mentioned in this thread yet, but the tour has been rescheduled to February 2021.

15. midnightxtaylor

Regular

I still can't find anything about a postponement. I've been waiting for some kind of info since I bought a ticket to the SF show and now Slim's isn't ever going to reopen.

16. kkhawk24

When NFG did their 20 year tour and did the two albums in one night they did a "shuffle" that worked pretty well. Like you knew everything was going to get played but there was a cool anticipation to not knowing the setlist. But I agree with you. When it is one album, play the whole thing in order.

17. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

I thought I wouldn't like it when NFG said they were doing it that way, but I ended up loving it!

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  18. Cmoney86

Trusted

19. zachmacD

Trusted

Finally got an email saying that the show was postponed. When I got the email, my thought was "no shit, the show was supposed to be two weeks ago."

20. zachmacD

Trusted

Even if it was just in Jersey, I'd love to see DTMB in it's entirety. I didn't get into them until WTDWYD, but DTMB is the record I come back to the most. IMO, he sounds so whiny on the last two records when I listen to them now

21. Cmoney86

Trusted

New dates and they aren’t February AEE4ABA9-4195-408A-B8F6-5F5C6BED4A07.jpeg

22. manoverboard365

Trusted

Sadly I feel like this is just gonna get postponed again. But now that NYC isn't sold out anymore I may consider picking up a ticket.

23. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

It is WAYYYYYYY too soon too assume much of anything about nine months from now, regardless of how poorly this has been handled so far.

24. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

At this point...use the live streaming format.

25. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

As someone who’s only seen them once and may or may not be able to attend my postponed date I would LOVE a streamed show.