Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Ariana Grande Tops the Charts

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 9, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Ariana Grande has the number one album in the country this week:

Ariana Grande achieves her fifth No. 1 album on the Billboard 200 chart, as her latest studio effort, Positions, debuts atop the tally. The set was released on Oct. 30 by Republic Records and launches with 174,000 equivalent album units earned in the U.S. in the week ending Nov. 5, according to Nielsen Music/MRC Data.

more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. WasteSomeTime

Regular

I liked her first two albums but each album after that I found myself less interested, is this one pretty good?

3. if you like Yours Truly you'll probably find something on here you like. It's her most "R&B" album to date with a lot of elements from YT revisited

4. somethingwitty

Trusted

This kind of bombed, right? Sweetener did 230K and Thank You Next did like 360k less than 2yrs ago.

Its always interesting to see how pop music charts now that hip hop has solidified itself as a streaming, but not necessarily sales, giant.

5. footiepajamaz

In fairness, Sweetener and Thank U Next both had much more traditional rollouts, with multiple singles dropping multiple months out instead of the hot drop of Positions a week before the album. These numbers must be more or less her “floor” of super-dedicated fans. I think it bombs or finds success on the performance of its second and third singles.