Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Ariana Grande - Thank U Next (February 8, 2019) Album • Page 18

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Nov 3, 2018.

1. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Person also ignored the person of color who also responded on this topic.

StepsInADance and Anna Acosta like this.
  2. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

now that is not true bigmike that is really nasty

also my grandma on my dads side is 100% brown poc

its coming off here like your primary objective is to sow rudeness

3. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Nah I’m not. I was on my lunch break and you asked a question about it and myself and someone else told you that the discussion had been had previously. You told me you would not go back in the thread. If you think I’m too ignorant to have this conversation then that’s fine. If you’re interested in actually talking about it, then I’m game. However, when I try to point someone to the discussion to get a flat out “no” it’s not indicative of someone who is actually wanting to have a conversation about the topic. this says nothing of the fact that there’s discussions from @Anna Acosta and @Kiana, people whose voices on this subject at hand are way more relevant and important than my own.

But yes, I’m the one trying to sow rudeness by letting you know it’s been discussed in the thread, by conceding a point I made because I was wrong.

4. Your Milkshake Feb 12, 2019
    (Last edited: Feb 12, 2019)
    Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

Ill go back and read.

Im sorry I said ‘no’ so flippantly. I was a little peeved at what I was reading and that was my response and that this thread has had other alarming behavior within the last several pages. I assumed it was more of that.

Im always interested to learn and listen to peoples real experiences and thoughts on the matter and I didnt realize that we had people sharing those experiences in here pages ago.

bigmike likes this.
  5. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

I could’ve handled my portion of our exchanges infinitely better.

Your Milkshake likes this.
  6. I'm glad you're going to go back and read, but for whatever it's worth: I would recommend verifying the identity of who you're speaking with moving forward so you don't do things like calling woc racist for having conversations about white women (or to play devil's advocate to your point, despite the fact that Ariana herself has never argued that's she's anything but white; potentially merely white passing women) darkening their skin for an aesthetic. That is arguably nastier than anything that was said about Ariana and appropriation.

And this is the last I'll say on the matter: we were discussing our experiences about three posts before yours, not pages ago.

I'm glad y'all worked this out.

sophos34 and bigmike like this.
  7. Your Milkshake Feb 12, 2019
    Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

Duely noted. I always assume this site is only white dudes. Your last post last page is the only post Id seen from you and I appreciate it. Nothing but the most respect to you. Please know that.

Anna Acosta likes this.
  8. I appreciate that. It happens.

9. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Haven't had internet for about a week, but just got around to this album and it's quite good!

10. irthesteve

Uh oh, I didn't realize an important conversation was happening, ignore me till later haha

11. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

oh steve

12. irthesteve

13. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

How dare you talk about the album in the album thread
    Jk

beachdude, sophos34, bigmike and 3 others like this.
  14. We more or less wrapped up, actually - at least until next time it comes up ha

bigmike and irthesteve like this.
  15. AWasteOfATime Feb 12, 2019
    AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

lot to unpack here. I think she's just peachy.

16. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

U also can't convince me for a second that her tan is a legit tan and not a spray on so that nullifies like every well she's Italian so she can get dark naturally line like no way no how that's not a spray like u can sometimes see the blotchiness.

I even kiiiinda get when xtina did it like as a fellow complete white passing mixed Latina I def went thru a phase where I felt a need to fit into one identity and overcompensate to fit in with my cousins and friends and stuff who I felt were "better" latinos than me like even tho it's still messed up and not cool I kinda can understand the mindset. Or at least project a lil cause idk if that's what xtina was even doing or working thru. Ariana is just like ....making a Choice.

But anyway discussed to death etc etc

17. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

This album is a really welcome step back up after Sweetener's borderline faceplant.

I'm starting to realize I can't hope for another My Everything though.

sophos34 likes this.
  18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Anna Acosta and mescalineeyes like this.
  19. Concert Lane

Awesome!! On repeat!!

20. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

Hahah that was great.

21. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

"ghostin" though.

22. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

I think I've come down on "Imagine" as my standout for the record.

Matt Chylak likes this.
  23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

sophos34 likes this.
  24. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

they talk about how there were a ton of different versions of the song in the interview i posted above

25. irthesteve