Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! This is our yearly pitch about becoming a supporting member. If 90 people sign up we'll hit our yearly goals. It's basically 7 cents a day and you can get rid of all the shitty ads on the forum.

Ariana Grande - Thank U Next (February 8, 2019) Album • Page 15

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Nov 3, 2018.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Oh goose Supporter

2. sophos34

Prestigious Prestigious

give it to me straight: is NASA about Pete Davidson sweatshirt of the same name?

3. disambigujason

Formerly js977 Supporter

After 2 listens I think my top 5 is imagine, bad idea, ghostin, in my head, and tu,n. Think I might’ve liked a couple more huge sounding songs but it’s definjtely pretty consistent.

4. Drew Beringer

@drewberinger Moderator

bad idea is the my jam

5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Oh goose Supporter

her still watching the award show she called out for being dumb feels like the perfect encapsulation of her brand

Kingjohn_654 and Sean Murphy like this.
  6. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block

God forgive her wanting to see if her ex boyfriend who had only recently tragically died wins an award

beachdude, PauLo, Contender and 3 others like this.
  7. mescalineeyes

DEATH MINUS Supporter

the crescendo in the middle is just absolutely incredible. what a song!

8. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

NASA into Bloodlines just destroys me. What a combo.

9. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Oh goose Supporter

I meant more that she has to stay off social media and stop causing drama and saying sorry didn't mean to how dare you read my purposefully vague and cryptic tweets wrong

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  10. username

resident caroline polachek stan

This thread is weirdly persistent in policing her every move

beachdude, PauLo, yung_ting and 6 others like this.
  11. Your Milkshake

Trusted Prestigious

real question is mac millers music good and should I listen to it

beachdude and Rowan5215 like this.
  12. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

yes, his last album is incredible imo

beachdude and Blainer93 like this.
  13. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block

Everything after his first album is good to great. The Devine Feminine is amazing.

beachdude and Contender like this.
  14. sophos34

Prestigious Prestigious

its fuckin stupid

15. sophos34

Prestigious Prestigious

like cmon dude what even?

16. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I just don't get why we don't want our entertainers to act like normal human beings? Like that is how any person live tweets the grammys

17. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime

One of the things that I like, like about her is her honesty, her impulsiveness. I'm not saying its like ideal and that she should be a perfect person all the time, but shes like what 25? I feel like she lets her fans have this High level of access to her thoughts and feelings a lot of the time, and fucks up and makes mistakes or impulsive decisions and thats OK! She's a young person (I'm her age and fuck up constantly) ! A child star even, when child stars usually come out as SUPER fucked up! Like, let her be idk.

Even with this album, people have been reading into like each and every song to find how it relates to her lives and her relationships, like it takes a lot of courage/honesty to put yourself out there and be real when so much of your life and affairs are already in the public eye.
    Idk I guess I just don't get the level of scrutiny and willingness for everyone to like turn on a dime on her when I don't really feel like she's even been....cruel? Intentionally mean? She's taken very public horrific events and tragedies and handled them.....idk, better than anyone I know could have. She's put the energy towards her art. With a positive message. idk that feels like a good and nice thing to do.

This kinda went off the rails but i wanted to say something abt it for a while in this thread

18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Oh goose Supporter

I'm not saying she can't tweet or feel like mac was robbed , or that she shouldn't, but it sucks that it overshadows a historic moment for Cardi

I like her and don't think she's a bad person or anything , it's just fascinating how raw she is whereas and that Scooter is cool with it

19. sophos34

Prestigious Prestigious

look around the internet dude, cardi wasnt overshadowed in any way shape or form by some emotionally loaded (FOR EXTREMELY VALID REASONS) tweets made by ariana. cardi is having her moment and nothing ariana did takes away from that. cmon.

20. janexo

Regular

impulsively tweeting and deleting IS very on brand for ari. really dont think that post carries the malice the rest of you are implying it does

21. sophos34

Prestigious Prestigious

tweeting and deleting is very on brand for literally every single person who uses twitter. so i guess i just dont get the point. i know ian wasnt being malicious but i dont think the post was necessary.

22. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime

i hate the grammys lol

23. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I'd just find it so much stanger if she didn't have really raw emotions related to Mac, like I'm glad to know she is actually a human being with emotions who has impulsive reactions about someone she loved passing away way too young, I wouldn't be able to censor myself either.

24. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime

This, so many popstars and personalities are pure commodities that are basically built up for commercial power and wealth and for her to still be like A Person (and very determined to do so) is something we shouldn't attack her for.

25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Oh goose Supporter

Oh for sure the other extreme of Taylor Swift who is always careful is a lot too

I love Thank U Next so Ari being an open book is great sometimes, but Stan culture saying everything is amazing and perfect is bad even though I get her latching on to it

Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! This is our yearly pitch about becoming a supporting member. If 90 people sign up we'll hit our yearly goals. It's basically 7 cents a day and you can get rid of all the shitty ads on the forum.