Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Ariana Grande Addresses Objectifying Fan • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 28, 2016.

1. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

if your response to a woman posting something like this is "yeah but her boyfriend...." you are sexist as shit and need to sit the fuck down. holding a woman responsible for something a man did is one of the most obvious forms of sexism its disgusting

Aaron Mook likes this.
  2. Letterbomb31 Jan 2, 2017
    (Last edited: Jan 2, 2017)
    Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

Bored of having the same conversation over and over but let's look at my original post again:

I'm not blaming her for anything. If you can point to where I blame her for Mac's lyrics in that post, please do so. I just wondered aloud about how she feels about her boyfriend working with a rapist on his last album and his lyrical content in general. FWIW, her tweets are fantastic and it's great that she's using her platform like that. Mac is obviously 100% responsible for his lyrical content. Also, I've already acknowledged that it was poor judgement on my part to post in this particular thread about Mac's lyricism:

I'll say it for the final time: my problem is 100% with Mac Miller. If you were referring to other users then feel free to ignore this post

3. fourstarters

Team Wiggum

FWIW, I agree with her wholeheartedly. I just feel like giving the dude sitting next to you in the car a free pass to say these types of things while getting mad at his fan who likely looks up to him BECAUSE he says it is a little problematic.