Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Are The Audition Teasing a Return? • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Oskarr

Needled 24/7

Also points for writing an anti-scene anthem. I loved that as a 13 year old.

thenewmatthewperry likes this.
  2. daldalian

hopelessly yours, Alabama

The world is a real bummer for mid-level bands of the 2006-2012 era. These guys, Valencia, Houston Calls, Cartel, etc who were all making fantastic music but just couldn't get the backing and make the funds to keep going.

It's depressing when The Audition have over 100k monthly Spotify listeners but couldn't even get 300 people to back that kickstarter. Just how things go I suppose.

3. kelseyleigh

Trusted Supporter

I'd be in to this.

4. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I don't give a shit about this band but I hope it brings back Xtheaudition

5. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

do you really want someone else scaring off the few women we already have here?

6. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Whoa. I hadn’t thought about this band in a long time.

I remember being into their first album and thinking it deserved to be a little more popular.

Maybe I’ll try and find it on Apple Music later on tonight to see if it holds up. Don’t think i ever listened beyond that record.

7. If I'm being honest I always thought this band was really boring

8. bobsheiskawy

is it the same for you? Prestigious

great danger is their album i listen to the most. that said, i went through the whole discography today and it's probably stronger than 90% of bands from the era. i never forgot that i like the band, but i probably underrate exactly how much i do.

9. oneeightytwo

Regular

They’re back.
    Playing Slam Dunk Festival.

“We are extremely pleased to announce, the worldwide exclusive reunion of our old friends The Audition! They last played the festival way back in 2012, splitting up shortly after but the reunion is on…just for you!! The original lineup, including Seth who left the band before the split, will be performing at #SDF18!”

10. kelseyleigh

Trusted Supporter

Wonder if this means something will be happening in the US too.

11. atlas

Trusted

I would imagine a Chicago show is almost assuredly gonna happen at some point

kelseyleigh likes this.