Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Are The Audition Teasing a Return? • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 12, 2018.

1. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

They hinted at new music in 2014, but nothing came out.

2. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

They released an EP but then slowly faded away after.

3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

They talked a LOT about how hard it was to survive as a band, right around the time of that last EP. I know they planned on making more music, but I think they all just didn't have money, etc. The kickstarter had a ton of info about it, it's definitely sad and shows the state of the music industry for small bands

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  4. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

That’s a mega bummer to hear. If they decided to write a new record- I 100% would back it!

5. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

The Audition : Chapter II

6. rebecca

Regular

I was just listening to Controversy Loves Company the other day. I have so many memories of that album being the only thing that got me through high school bus rides. This is great, I can't wait to see what they end up doing.

7. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

Really enjoyed most of the albums they released. They were pretty good the few times I saw them live as well...

8. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

So ridiculously hyped. One of my favorite and most consistent pop punk bands of my teenage/young adult life. If they can follow Chapter 2 EP with anything remotely close to that I’ll be in heaven.

I love The Audition

9. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I loved Great Danger when it came out. I gotta listen to that.

Matt504 likes this.
  10. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I still listen to Controversy Loves Company sometimes, great record. Didn't love anything afterwards though

Still. Interesting.

11. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Self Titled Album has some good tracks. Some of the laziest cover art though.

Champion was their best, stands out from the typical pop-rock of that era.

12. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I think about how unbelievably awful that album art is on the daily. Legitimately the worst cover art I’ve ever seen

13. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

It's even more odd when you consider how interesting or thoughtful the other 3 album covers are. Can't tell if it was a joke or not.

"oh shit we need a cover"

"quick do something in photoshop and do some striped pastel colors for the lettering"

*looks like shit*

"whatever ship it"

14. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Oh I remember this now. Glad they made their goal all those years back. Hopefully they can do it again if they are indeed back.

Also fingers crossed for Champion on vinyl!

15. atlas

Trusted

"Los Angeles" would have been a fucking GREAT New Surrender era Anberlin song

16. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

You should really revisit Champion. It’s honestly fantastic.

billyboatman likes this.
  17. bobsheiskawy

is it the same for you? Prestigious

i'd like to think this is because i tweeted last month about wanting to hear more from the band.

18. zachmacD

Trusted

I hope not

19. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

There was a time in my life when CLC was in constant rotation. Been a long time since I've heard their name, but would def be amped to hear what 2018 The Audition sounds like.

20. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Self Titled is probably my favorite by them.

Everything they’ve put out has been killer, the weakest release was probably Great Danger. And even at that it has a ton of great tracks.

21. Jared Luttrell

Regular

Great Danger was such an underrated album.

22. seanxwilliams

Scar crossed lovers, forever

Interesting. Great Danger is a fantastic record btw guys

23. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

I love this video. When I was like 15 I use to dance like the singer and my parents hated it so much lol.

Oskarr likes this.
  24. Oskarr

Needled 24/7

The video for "You've Made Us Conscious" is aces. They're really good.

thenewmatthewperry likes this.
  25. Oskarr

Needled 24/7

His moves were...iconic lol. They weren't my favorite band of that era (despite how good I recognize them as being now), but they were still influential. When I think of 05-06 they're a vivid part of that landscape :x

thenewmatthewperry likes this.