Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Arctic Monkeys Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by demo, Apr 11, 2016.

1. demo

i said dont @ me

this band is fucking awesome. been listening to them a ton this past week. AM and Humbug are my two favorites but all their records are fucking great. love them a lot, talk about them here

2. EngineDown

formerly known as chill yoshi

Lol how are there no posts here

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  3. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Lol yeah I guess they must not be that popular on here, but I definitely wasn't expecting their thread to be this dead. Their debut will probably always be their best in my eyes, but they've had a pretty solid discography thus far.

4. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Humbug or the debut is my favorite

5. cherrywaves

Trusted

Mine goes like this. Not to say any of them are even close to bad.

Suck It And See
    Humbug
    AM
    Favourite Worst Nightmare
    Whatever People Say I Am

6. EngineDown

I've come around on the debut. It isn't my least favorite anymore. Probably around the middle of their discography for me. What a great band though.

1. Suck it and See
    2. Humbug
    3. Whatever People Say I Am
    4. Favourite Worst Nightmare
    5. AM

Really cooled off on AM

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  7. cherrywaves

Trusted

Same for me. Some songs are really great, and I fuck with the "War Pigs" homage in "Arabella" hard. Overall I feel like it's not incredibly dynamic

EngineDown likes this.
  8. I'm a big fan of Whatever People Say and AM. I haven't gone back to their other releases in years, but I should probably do that soon.

9. Inna Selez

Regular

Did you hear guys that Alex Turner confirmed to BBC Sheffield the end of the band's hiatus and work on a new album!!!

Fronnyfron likes this.
  10. EngineDown

hell yeah, perfect timing

11. MFA

See you in hell, or see you when I see you. Prestigious

I am excited for a new album from these guys, been listening to a hell of a lot of FWN recently. Do Me A Favour is such a fucking great song

12. Paul Beaumont

Whatever People Say I Am is still such a monster of an album.

13. Inna Selez

Regular

Today 10 years ago was released second studio album "Favourite Worst Nightmare".

14. eagles1139

Regular

Been listening to this band a ton lately. For some reason I wasn't that into Suck it and See at first but now I think it's their best album. Has a couple bad tracks (I despise "Brick by Brick") but man the second half of that album is insane.

"Love is a Laserquest" is one of the best written songs I've heard in a while. "Do you look into the mirror to remind yourself you're there, or has somebody's good night kisses got that covered?" I really underrated Alex Turner as a songwriter but he can be brilliant at times.

15. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Suck it and See was the soundtrack to a very important year in my life and it gets me in my feelings when I listen to it

Also he's always brilliant

16. MFA

See you in hell, or see you when I see you. Prestigious

Alex Turner is a phenomenal lyricist

ComedownMachine likes this.
  17. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

The back half of Suck It and See is so great. That's Where You're Wrong is one of their absolute best.

18. cherrywaves

Trusted

It's definitely my favorite record by them

19. eagles1139

Regular

Haha yeah "brilliant at times" wasn't the right way to word it -- he's a fantastic songwriter overall. Just meant that there are songs like Love is a Laserquest where I'm truly blown away by the songwriting. Like that "look into the mirror" line manages to say so much with so little.

Also his solo songs on the Submarine soundtrack are brilliant, only recently discovered those.

ComedownMachine likes this.
  20. Barresi

That Submarine EP is excellent, I love "Stuck on the Puzzle".

21. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Any news form these guys in regards to new stuff?

AM is my soundtrack for work today.

22. Barresi

Someone ran into Matt Helders at a gig last week, he said new music "hopefully by the end of the year". Honestly, 2017 has been so loaded, I'd be more than happy to wait until 2018 to hear from these guys again haha.

23. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

That's awesome. Id be cool with waiting too. It's been awhile since AM came out. JW what a timeline would be.

Hopefully I get to see them live soon. On my bucket list.

24. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I'd imagine Q1/2 2018 for a new album from them

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  25. achoiceofthree

I don't care about your band.

Humbug turns eight today!

mad and ComedownMachine like this.