Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Archive: Sonny Quits From First To Last

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

From First to Last vocalist Sonny Moore has left the band. The following was posted by the band on MySpace.

There are many rumors going around right now about our band, and we have finally ended up in a position to be able to share with you what has happened over the last couple months since the Atreyu Tour fiasco, the cancellation of the Lost Prophets tour, and our backing out of the Give It A Name festival.

Sonny Moore has quit the band and is working on a solo career. We (Good, Richter, Bloom and Matt Manning — now an official member, by the way) were in the studio writing for the new record getting ready to fly to Los Angeles to meet up with Ross Robinson and Sonny when we got the news about him leaving.

We know that Sonny’s departure is going to be a huge deal to a lot of our fans, and we are sorry that these things continue to happen to us (and you). We all tried to make compromises, but sometimes artists just have to do things for themselves.
    We know that Sonny’s departure is going to be a huge deal to a lot of our fans, and we are sorry that these things continue to happen to us (and you). We all tried to make compromises, but sometimes artists just have to do things for themselves.
    To make matters worse, Capitol Records was on the verge of being bought out by another label and bands were being dropped. Money was put on hold from the label and with FFTL already in debt due to the Atreyu tour and studio costs….. Well, we were pretty much crippled.

We had a decision to make that night at the studio that I will never forget… This was the most epic, movie-worthy event of my life. We just said, “Screw this. Let’s just do it ourselves. The whole thing — just us four.” The good news is Sonny leaving meant that the band had to make changes, and these changes couldn’t have been more positive. And so, that is exactly what we have been doing over the last couple of months — self-producing the new From First to Last album, without a record label or Sonny.
    To get the ball rolling, I quickly called my friend Lee Dyess who owns the EarthSound studio in Valdosta, GA where we recorded “dear diary” and “aesthetic” (we also helped him build it), and arranged for the studio time which cost us the rest of our money and favors from Lee. We also teamed up with our close friend Jordan Schur who is not only managing us now, but signed our band to his label Suretone (through Interscope).

Matt Good is now fronting the band along with vocals from myself and Manning. We are extremely excited about this record, and we are stoked to be singing again.

Thank you everyone so much for all of your support, and to the U.K….we are really sorry you seem to have taken the worst from this, we are gonna make it up this year we promise.

Check back for updates and keep your eyes peeled for a complete online over haul for FFTL.

Travis & FFTL
    This article was originally published on AbsolutePunk.net
    more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. lol that first comment on the archive screenshot did not age well

3. These old posts are confusing me at first glance. Would be cool if we had “ARCHIVE:” at the beginning of these kind of AP.net posts in the title so when you’re looking at the forum list. When I scan the Article Discussion forums I have to really read them to see which is new news. I’m sure I’ve missed a lot of new news lol.

Anyone else thrown off? Don’t get me wrong I dig the nostalgia

skogsraet and zachmacD like this.
  4. When I saw the Finch one, I was like meh, what else is new, band breaks up and gets back together every other year. Then I saw The Graduate one and was like... ah, I see what’s going on here

jesseisabigdeal likes this.
  5. zachmacD

Trusted

For sure. Not a huge deal but kind of annoying having to differentiate between the two

BoldType likes this.
  6. jesseisabigdeal

Regular

which comment?

7. It just says “their stock just went up.. in my eyes”. I’ve never been a FFTL fan but it feels like they spent the next decade fading into obscurity, while Sonny became more and more successful. I didn’t even hear their band name again until Sonny started making music with them in 2017

8. jesseisabigdeal

Regular

that's true. i'm not sure which albums you've heard by them but if you're curious you should check out self titled and throne to the wolves. matt is a much better vocalist than sonny and knows how to write great songs. (i couldn't believe how good some of the songs were on self titled and i only checked it out this year.) also, where is the archive you're talking about?

9. If you hit ‘more’ on the OP (not on the News page, but here in the Article Discussion), there’s a link at the bottom that says Archive Screenshot. It’s just a screenshot of the AP.net post though, not an interactive page or anything

jesseisabigdeal likes this.
  10. jesseisabigdeal

Regular

got it. thank you!

trevorshmevor likes this.
  11. yeah definitely not the hugest deal. Plus it’s a fun game for my brain lol like wait did this happen recently or ?

zachmacD likes this.