Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Architects Band • Page 8

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by redwing91007, Apr 7, 2016.

1. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

I've listened to the song 4 times already, I never do that. I'm just really happy for these guys, they deserve all the success in the world.

Analog Drummer and Nate_Johnson like this.
  2. dash64

This is my design

Same, it definitely didn't deserve that reception. With all they've been through lately I'm hoping this album is reflective and has a somewhat introspective nature. The new single took me by surprise, I can appreciate the subtle changes.

3. This song feels to me like when someone’s told the same hilarious joke so many times that it’s completely lost its punch, but then they keep telling it and it becomes sorta funny again

Not setting my hopes very high for this record though

4. currytheword

Trusted

I think this new song rips. I’m a much bigger fan of this over quite a bit of their last album. I’ve been a huge fan since Hollow Crown, but I’ve never seen the thread for them on here until now. In fact, the new song made me want to talk about them and that’s why I’m here.

5. currytheword

Trusted

When you see this band perform live, their songs aren’t forgettable. Sam sounding the way he does on record when he’s on a stage is captivating.

Nate_Johnson and DeRRek like this.
  6. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

7. JM95

Trusted

8. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I like that

9. redwing91007

So happy this has a short rollout

10. Dog with a Blog

Dang.....I really did not like that :cringe:

11. dash64

This is my design

12. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

That was amazing and I cried at the end when they showed his wife and baby. I’m so proud of the band for pushing through it all.

13. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

14. Cool cover. Assumed it was Architects until I heard the vocals — I’ve never heard of The XCERTS

15. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Very good band in the vein of Biffy Clyro. The album they released this year is great.

16. DeRRek

Trusted

The Xcerts are so underrated.

17. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

The Xcerts singer features on Youth Is Wasted on the Young

trevorshmevor likes this.
  18. Oh nice, always wondered who that was

Nate_Johnson and Jake W like this.
  19. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

Murray's really good mates with the Architects boys so I find it really gives that cover a lot of weight. I think I remember him mentioning in an interview a while back that he lived with one/some of them at some point too.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  20. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

DeRRek likes this.
  21. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

Honestly after that last album I find it hard to care about the boys. What a crock of shit that record was.

22. currytheword

Trusted

Makes sense if the promotion for the festival agreed to them headlining, and then didn’t deliver on the deal. That’s shitty business, and most other bands would do the same.

23. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

They’re pulling out of a festival because they’re the second band listed on the poster, not the first.

I feel so sorry for them

24. redwing91007

This is a bad take

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  25. tomtom94

Trusted

It presumably also means they play a shorter set, have less production, etc.

currytheword likes this.