Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Architects Band • Page 7

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by redwing91007, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Not that much bigger than Ally Pally so I'm not surprised lol

2. JM95

Trusted

Well yeah, it's not a surprise in that sense - it was clearly the next stage. But that a band like Architects will be playing there still feels like a big moment. Architects. At Wembley Arena.

They're entering festival headlining/Download sub-headlining territory.

3. Jake W

Yeah it is crazy. They deserve it too. They've worked hard for a long time.

4. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

I really hope download give them either a 2nd stage headliner slot or main stage sub headliner slot next year. That festival is going to have to start bedding in a new generation of headliners it it’s going to be screwed 5 years time once the last of the legacy acts bow out.

Anyway that’s awesome news for Architects, I wonder how well the tour will sell. A one off date at Ally Pally is certainly different to an arena tour.

5. Bane

The spiciest meme

Soooooo the new single just leaked

6. Jake W

Any different or more of the same?

7. Bane

The spiciest meme

Seems fairly the same. It's not bad by any means, but yea I'm not hearing a huge change. Most fans should still enjoy it though.

8. atlas

Trusted

It's not really a change by any stretch of the imagination, but the song is fucking huge

currytheword likes this.
  9. atlas

Trusted

New album is called Holy Hell, out November 9

currytheword and DeRRek like this.
  10. Bane

The spiciest meme

Wow, was kind of expecting like January-ish. Impressive.

11. atlas

Trusted

Yeah I didn’t even expect them to start recording before next year, let alone have the album out. They toured the hell out of the last album even through the loss of Tom and I know Dan just had a kid so I assumed they were gonna decompress for a while. They’ll never not impress me

12. Dog with a Blog

Joe, Petit nain des Îles and JM95 like this.
  13. Dog with a Blog

I think this song is good in its own right but it definitely doesn’t mark a huge evolution in sound. That chorus is massive though.

14. Dog with a Blog

15. JM95

Trusted

I wonder how long they can go writing good music without ever really evolving. Nothing wrong with the song (apart from the soft singing bit at the start which Sam's never been good at) but I hope the record's different.

16. Jake W

They never used to make the same album twice, which I always liked about them. Then the last two albums sounded very similar and this album so far(Doomsday is on the album) sound like they could easily be on those albums. Meh

17. Analog Drummer

Regular

Well this song is just amazing. They’re gonna push BMTH for biggest young metal band on earth soon now

18. Analog Drummer

Regular

That headline tour with beartooth and Polaris is fantastic. Polaris are the next big thing. So polished for a new band

19. This might not be the place for it but the fact that Sam guested on a Neck Deep track last year has left a really fucking bad taste in my mouth. Architects are dead to me to be perfectly honest.

20. JM95

Trusted

They've been better than BMTH for a while.

21. Analog Drummer

Regular

Ahhh, but bigger, bigger is the key word. Stadium time.

22. Analog Drummer

Regular

Damn that’s cold

23. JM95

Trusted

Lol I misread.

24. New single is decent but unmemorable. They need to change it up. Keep the vibes present in the chorus, the atmospheric undertones, and Sam's half-screams. The djenty riffs have to go away for at least one album, they've done those to death at this point. Like someone else has said, I miss when every pre-Lost Forever Lost Together album had a distinct sound.

25. I'm still bitter about the reception The Here And Now got. Give me this one over Lost Forever Lost Together, All Our Gods Have Abandoned Us, and even Daybreaker any day. I'd love to hear them go back to a punkier post-hardcore sound, or just go in a different direction. They used to write creative math metal and proggy riffs at one point.

Theemoflamingo likes this.