Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Architects Band • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by redwing91007, Apr 7, 2016.

1. mescalineeyes

just admit that I'm the fantasy Prestigious

yeah same in vienna too.

I much prefer Doomsday live, and it was already one of my favorite songs!

2. JM95

Trusted

Couldn't go last night because I was working but glad to hear they smashed it. Much deserved.

3. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Pretty sure i'm going to the NYC date. Beyond excited. Awesome that CP is opening too, will be my first time seeing them with the new line-up/post YNYA.

DeRRek and mescalineeyes like this.
  4. mescalineeyes

just admit that I'm the fantasy Prestigious

They’re so good and Brendan is so funny.

5. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Seen Counterparts 3 times and it’s always good. Never saw Architects though!

mescalineeyes likes this.
  6. Noradrenaline

Regular

This is one of those times that I'm happy to be able to jump up and down, wave my arms and scream "I WAS THERE!!!"

DeRRek, Supernova, JM95 and 1 other person like this.
  7. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

By far the best gig I've been to this year, all 3 bands were superb that evening.

Noradrenaline likes this.
  8. Noradrenaline

Regular

Without a doubt! The sound was horrible during While She Sleeps though. But to be fair, we were standing pretty far back when they played. Might be because of that.

9. JM95

Trusted

I couldn't go that night because I was working, which is pretty shit.

The sound is notoriously bad at Alexandra Palace.

Jake W likes this.
  10. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

They sound like perfection, as always.

11. Dog with a Blog

They wiped their whole Instagram and posted this today

12. Theemoflamingo

Regular

Rumor is they're releasing a new song called "hereafter" on the 12th, which would line up with a surprise cover artist for the new kerrang

Dog with a Blog and beachdude like this.
  13. StormAndTheSun

insects come to life Supporter

I definitely thought they would take more time off before another cycle, but I'm here for it.

14. Probably releasing a new album this January, and announcing the whole thing that day.

15. I know I can only expect so much, but I’m really hoping there’s some significantly different sounding stuff on this. They’ve done the sound of their last three records to death

16. Dog with a Blog

Agreed

trevorshmevor likes this.
  17. Bane

The spiciest meme

I'd say Daybreaker is a LITTLE different from the other two but yea, I'm hoping they change it up a bit

I can always hope for a Hollow Crown influenced sound again, like an evolution in the vein of Hollow Crown

(yea I know it won't happen)

18. Dog with a Blog

I’m right there with ya

19. Theemoflamingo

Regular

I'm hoping sam uses his live range on record. His high screams on their last headliner were insane.

20. They have to do something different now that they have another main songwriter. I've never listened to Sylosis, but I imagine it'll have an influence on Architects' new stuff. If I remember correctly, the other touring guitarist also got permanently added to the band, so we'll see.

21. He's the best singer and screamer I've ever seen live. How he pulls off both during +90 minutes shows blows my mind.

22. Theemoflamingo

Regular

someone on r/metalcore says this is the single or album art
    Imgur

23. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Here for it

24. JM95

Trusted

I have full trust in them that it will be good but yeah it would be nice if there's a bit more progression. It feels like they've nailed the sound on the last two or three records.

25. JM95

Trusted

Architects are going to be playing Wembley Arena. How insane is that?!!

Imgur

DeRRek and redwing91007 like this.