Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Architects Band • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by redwing91007, Apr 7, 2016.

1. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

There's only 2 songs that are "directly" about it on this record, Gone With The Wind and Momento Mori.

2. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Ah, interesting. Thanks. Looking forward to delving deeper into their catalog (catalogue?).

redwing91007 likes this.
  3. LF//LT is still their best imo but AOGHAU has the better vocal melodies for sure

4. I'm in the minority still thinking The Here And Now is their best record and shouldn't have been heavily criticized. It's pretty much a Comeback Kid (Broadcasting era) homage at times but I don't care. It's such a blast and showed they weren't afraid of changing up their sound once in a while.

5. redwing91007

I definately don't think it was as bad as people make it out the be and there's some absolute bangers on there. But no chance is it their best record imo. I'll go with LF//LT.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  6. Really ? This is the one I like the least. Every song sound the same to me and they toned down the technicality too much compared to their previous albums in order to focus on breakdowns.

7. redwing91007

Toned down the technicality? Maybe you should listen again :-p

8. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

People hate on THAN because it was such an extreme departure from their previous albums. It would not get the hate that it if it was released under a different name.

9. I will at some point lol. It seems way more repetitive than usual

redwing91007 likes this.
  10. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Hollow Crown's riffs, lyrics, and production are unbelievably good. The whole album is relentless. Easily my top album followed by LF//LT. Third would be Daybreaker.

11. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

My Favourite albums by them are Our Gods have Abandoned Us and Hollow Crown, closely followed by Lost Together/Lost Forever. The other albums I like but don't listen to as regularly as those 3.

12. Hollow Crown is a classic. I also prefer Ruin over most of their recent stuff. I haven't listened to Nightmares in a long time

13. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

THAN was ok, but Sam's vocals were very meh on that album. The power he has on every other album makes him seem puny on that one.

14. JM95

Trusted

Yeah he really shouldn't try that again (and I don't think he will).

15. I agree his clean vocals on Hollow Crown and that one are a bit bland. It's insane how much he got better as a vocalist in the last 5 years. He's now on par with Spencer Chamberlain as one of the best metal singers.

16. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

I don't group that with Hollow Crown, I think I prefer his vocals on that album to every other one. There was an excellent balance and the cleans weren't overdone. He also didn't steal Hatebreed's "BLEH" for every other track.

17. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Just heard first song by them and loved it. Where should I start?

18. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Go Hollow Crown -> LT/LF -> All Our Gods.. and then pick the good songs off Daybreaker.

19. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Thanks!

20. Jake Z

Regular

I have only heard the last 2 records, and love them. I am going back in their collection now. Such a good band.

DeRRek and redwing91007 like this.
  21. JM95

Trusted

Sam Carter:clap::clap::clap:

22. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

A nice big gig for Architects and Sleeps next year, definitley up for this.

DeRRek and carrytheweight like this.
  23. JM95

Trusted

Ah man, why does it have to be at Ally Pally? Don't like that venue.

24. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah I'm a bit like that too, I don't mind the venue itself but it's such a ball ache to get to. At least it's on a Saturday.

25. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

The one time I went to a gig at Ally Pally I barely even made it inside in time for the second band.