Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Architects Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by redwing91007, Apr 7, 2016.

1. GraveDigger

Trusted Prestigious

I was late on getting into them but they were quickly becoming one of my favorite bands. Was hooked after buying Lost Forever & Daybreaker on a whim. Every album has something that's uniquely special about it and Tom's leads were a big draw for me. I can't imagine what Dan and the rest of the band are going through right now.

2. jorbjorb

7 rings

Rip Tom. That's crazy

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  3. canvasofwinter

Horrendous Space Kablooie

Memento Mori is absolutely haunting now.

JM95 likes this.
  4. Hugo G.

FKA whiterussian Supporter

This song, and The Here and Now, got me into this band, and showed that you could combine aggressiveness and emotion and still be sincere and awesome.

I wasn't super into the latest records but I still listened to them lot, since they always kick ass.

I'm really saddened about this, he was my age and I wasn't aware of how bad it was.

Another beautiful song by them, IMO:

5. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

This is a tough one. I hear about musicians passing away all the time but nothing hit me as hard as this one. Architects are, and will likely always be, one of my absolute favorite heavy bands. I never met Tom, but I felt like I knew him just based on spending absurd amounts of time listening and re-listening to his music. Yesterday was a train-wreck as I tried listening though their records.

All I can say is rest in peace Tom, we will all miss you and what you contributed to not only the music scene but the world. Thoughts and prayers are with the Searle family, especially Dan.

"Momento Mori - Be Mindful of Death"

Turn this one up loud!

6. Very sad news, my thoughts go out to his brother, family and friends. I've never listened to these guys but I'll give them a shot this week - where should I start?

7. redwing91007

Either of the last 2 albums would be a good place, not to mention all streaming and download proceeds are going directly to the band for the time being.

kyle likes this.
  8. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

I suggest Lost Forever // Lost Together as my favorite of theirs. Hollow Crown if you want a little rawer and a littler heavier. The Hear and Now if you want the album that stands out from all thier others and is their most "radio friendly" in terms of catchier and not as heavy(think Alexisonfire).

That's cool. Didn't know that. Going to opt to use Spotify over my iTunes collection for the time.

9. redwing91007

It's an UNFD initiative so it may be limited to Australia and New Zealand. I'll be listening on Spotify in the off chance it's helping out.

10. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Came to find the thread on them here to pay my respects. Progressive Metal/Melodic Hardcore is a main staple in my daily music intake, Architects has been a huge part of that since the release of Hollow Crown. This band is a true shining example of effort and skill, and it was built off of genuine friendships and family ties. I can't express my empathy and sympathy enough. 28 is far too young, and Sam's beliefs are more than true. We truly live in a godless world where another talented, young individual is gone too soon.

redwing91007 likes this.
  11. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Hollow Crown is you want something more raw and hugely technical. The Here And Now is you aren't that into very heavy music but want to give them a go. All Our Gods Have Abandoned Us or Lost Forever // Lost Together are probably their best overall, I'd generally suggest checking out a few singles from those albums and going from there.

To be honest, The last five albums from Hollow Crown are all gold.

12. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

I back you 100% except on TH&N.

13. Bane

The spiciest meme

Hollow Crown is my favorite from them, I like the heaviness to it. The Here and Now is still great imo, just vastly different. LF//LT and All Our Gods are like a one-two punch of their established sound now, more traditional metalcore.

To be honest I feel like Daybreaker is probably their weakest for me from Hollow Crown on. Oh I enjoy Ruin, and Nightmares is a fun listen and interesting since it's a different vocalist

14. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Nightmares & Ruin are both good, just didn't really stand out apart from other bands doing that same sound. Hollow Crown is without a doubt a game changer and one of the best works in the genre. Not to mention, the audio production on that album is flawless. The bass tones they have which most casual listeners don't pick up on are flawless. It's not even the technicality on some songs, but even the song structuring, the lyrics, the melodic bridges....I think I found it difficult to ever love one of their later releases because that album just kills it.

15. redwing91007

Been watching through old documentaries and the making of videos. They allude a lot to what ended up happening and it's crushing me.

Watch these 3

16. canvasofwinter

Horrendous Space Kablooie

"All of a sudden, I become the most free to be creative that I'd ever been in my entire life." My god, what a gut punch.

17. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

That was very emotional. That last shot of him... I think everyone involved in making that knew exactly what they were doing. No one else had the home-style hand held cam shots.

God this is sad.

18. JM95

Trusted

Crap...major goosebumps at that last shot. Wow.

19. DeRRek

Trusted

Saw architects last night in Glasgow. WOW! That band are just phenomenal live. That was the 2nd time I've seen them live (the first time being one of tom's last ever shows at ROCK AM RING) massive respect for the band to continue. Was an incredible show and you could tell how much the band miss Tom and the fans (his name was chanted throughout the night) you can't take your eyes off them when they're onstage. There is just something about them and the screams from Sam are unbelievable. I am now using last night as a benchmark for all forthcoming shows that I will be attending. Was really glad they sold out Glasgow aswell. They deserve it! Anyone on here been to/going to any of the uk shows?

carrytheweight and redwing91007 like this.
  20. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

They announced a show for Minneapolis next March; never seen them live before, but they seem pretty awesome, so I think I'll have to check it out

DeRRek likes this.
  21. DeRRek

Trusted

They are incredible live! You should definitely go!

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  22. They're great live, I'd absolutely recommend going.

edit: lol did not see the post above mine

DeRRek and Ferrari333SP like this.
  23. mpnolan

Does anyone know who the voice is on From The Wilderness?

Just wondering if anyone knows the source of this quote.

24. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Never listened to them before today but am really enjoying 'All Our Gods Have Abandoned Us'. Reminds me a lot of Wolves At The Gate. I'm not one for heavy music usually but this has just the right amount of catchiness that I like.

DeRRek and Petit nain des Îles like this.
  25. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Those of you that are a lot more into this band than I obviously am at this point, are many of the songs/lyrics on the most recent album about Tom and his cancer? I know he was the lyricist and picking out a few parts on the song "From The Wilderness" which has the little sample about cancer growing inside of you.