Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Architects Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by redwing91007, Apr 7, 2016.

1. canvasofwinter

Horrendous Space Kablooie

This is getting better with every listen. I've gone from being underwhelmed by Nihilist to absolutely loving it. Sam Carter's sing-scream is fantastic.

2. softanimal

It's my mum's dodge caravan

I never really got into LFLT but am loving this. I'll have to give it another go...

3. My fear's come true. After Daybreaker, they went on autopilot.

4. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

The album gets better with each and every listen. It's going to end up being one of my most played of the summer. For anyone who wasn't impressed on a first listen, give it another go.

canvasofwinter likes this.
  5. canvasofwinter

I know, right? I went from being kind of disappointed on my first listen to absolutely loving this. I can't stop playing it.

Like, I was initially disappointed by Nihilist, because... I dunno, I think Gravedigger is just a tough act to follow. But then I found myself playing it for a friend, and I started pointing out all these subtleties I love about the song -- how most of the instrumentation drops out during the first chorus, how the second chorus brings it all back in full force, how the different parts of the song lead into each other -- and I started to realize how much depth this album has.

Jake Z and redwing91007 like this.
  6. Schooner

Trusted

Really been enjoying it last few days. Album just sounds HUUGGGEEE! especially when played with good speakers loud

A lot of songs do sound very similar as noted above. That last song is a ripper. And a little different from the others

7. trevorshmevor May 28, 2016
    (Last edited: May 29, 2016)

Bonus track. I like it more than almost anything on this record haha.

canvasofwinter likes this.
  8. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

So good. Nihilist is such a great opener.

I love the underlying synth/strings on everything.

Schooner and canvasofwinter like this.
  9. Jake Z

Regular

One listen thru and I really enjoy it. Another super solid release.

redwing91007 and Schooner like this.
  10. JM95

Trusted

I need to go back and listen to this.

11. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

RIP Tom, such sad news. I hope the band carry on and make him proud, they're one of the best heavy bands around.

12. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

so sad, goddamnit

13. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Apparently they're going to carry on touring. I can't even imagine what that's going to be like for his brother. RIP.

14. JM95

Trusted

RIP Tom.

Awful, awful news.

15. tomtom94

Trusted

I never really got into this band, but that is some sad, sad news. Especially for his brother. RIP.

16. StormAndTheSun

insects come to life Supporter

Very sad news. Rest in peace, Tom.

17. GraveDigger

Trusted Prestigious

Man, he was only 28 years old too. Crushing news.

18. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Never really got into this band, saw them with Letlive a few years back. But that statement they released was so beautifully written it makes me wanna go back and try to get into them again.

19. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Their last three albums have been absolutely incredible. "Gone With The Wind", "Naysayer", and "These Colours Don't Run" would be good singles to check out.

Listened to Heartburn earlier. I know the band aren't keen on that album and admit it's their weakest, but I feel like it's quite poignant right now.

20. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

I've seen them twice, once back when Hollow Crown was out opening for AILD, UO, BTBAM, and once on the letlive coheadline. I really dig these guy's entire catalog, especially Lost Forever // Lost Together. That one right there is a metalcore(metal?) emotional masterpiece. This news has got me bummed out very much. Didn't know anything about anything wrong until reading this thread earlier today and then I Googled it.

I know no one needs to know and I'm not puffing my chest out or anything, but I felt like donating to their funding page they set up in memory of Tom. All those donations will go to the small Hospice company that helped during the last days.

Check it out here. Read Architects's story

Carmensaopaulo likes this.
  21. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Cannot imagine what his twin brother, Dan the Drummer, is going through right now.

22. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

I really liked The Here and Now, it's obviously a completely different sound so I can see why they don't like it. I love al their albums though.

Absolutely gutting news though, I can't begin to imagine what they're all going through right now (especially Dan). It's been amazing to see what this band has achieved through the years and if they do decide to call it quits after the touring cycle (which will be totally understandable) at least they can go out knowing that they've gone out on one hell of an album.

23. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

You can't forget Hollow Crown. That album blew me away when I first heard it years ago.

24. Bane

The spiciest meme

Fuuuuuuck, I had tickets to their US tour and when they cancelled I was thinking the worst. That's fucking depressing, prayers and good wishes to all of them especially Dan.

25. canvasofwinter

Oh my god, totally gutted. RIP. Amazing band, amazing guitarist. Best wishes to all of them.