Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Architects Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by redwing91007, Apr 7, 2016.

1. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Architects are a British metalcore band from Brighton, England. The band currently consists of vocalist Sam Carter, guitarist and keyboardist Tom Searle and his twin brother, drummer Dan Searle, as well as bassist Alex Dean and guitarist Adam Christianson. The band's first name was Inharmonic, which was swiftly changed to Counting the Days, and finally to Architects after a couple of years. They have released six studio albums and one split EP with Dead Swans to date.

With their next release on the horizon and the first single already out (see below) I figured this thread would see some good activity.

2. GraveDigger

Trusted Prestigious

Never heard of 'em.

Jake W and redwing91007 like this.
  3. StormAndTheSun

insects come to life Supporter

Anyone catch 'Gone With The Wind' on beats 1? Sounds pretty promising

4. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I like Gone With The Wind a lot more than the first song released.

6. JM95

Trusted

Both songs sound really good. I hope the synth didn't get stuck on the same chords for the whole album though.

7. I love this band. That said, really afraid of this album being too one note. The awesome chorus in Gone With The Wind is giving me hope, but the rest of the song seems very... autopilot.

Jake W likes this.
  8. RyanNevill

Graphic Designer

They released a new song 'Downfall' today and I am really getting the feeling that this album is going to be very 'samey'.
    With nothing of the impact of something like Early Grave, or Naysayer. I hope to be proven wrong but 3 songs in and I am finding it very difficult to find memorable moments in them.

9. Jake W

Yeah I'm getting that feeling too sadly. At this point I think I'm going to enjoy Napoleon's album more, which comes out the same day and this album will be very forgettable.

10. StormAndTheSun

insects come to life Supporter

Ive enjoyed all 3 songs so far. Based on the hype surrounding this album I think it'll be pretty good.

11. JM95

Trusted

Ok seriously, the feel of all three of these songs is exactly the same. You could take parts from each of them and make one song out of it and it wouldn't be jarring.

This all sounds VERY one note unfortunately.

Jake W likes this.
  12. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

I tend to agree with the "samey" comment but I know that there will be more diversity on the record, there always is. Based on the interviews and studio updates they have done I fully expect this to be a banger.

13. Excitement for this is quickly plummeting. LF//LT is an incredible album that we don't need a duplicate of, and unfortunately these songs combined with the studio update they've been posting have all but confirmed that's exactly what they're going for.

14. atlas

Trusted

Every song I've heard from this new album so far sounds like a B Side from the last album

15. JM95

Trusted

Looks like another new song tomorrow

Hopefully they won't have written the same song FOUR times over.

16. canvasofwinter

Horrendous Space Kablooie

Dirp dirp.

17. canvasofwinter

First listen thoughts: this is basically Lost Forever // Lost Together Part II. That's not necessarily a bad thing, because LFLT is incredible, and this new album is pretty great, too. The second half is definitely stronger and more experimental than the first; I was initially feeling kind of let down, but there are some excellent songs in the second half, and Memento Mori is a fantastic closer. My early favorite songs are The Empty Hourglass, Gravity, From the Wilderness, and Memento Mori (holy shit, Memento Mori.) I suspect LFLT will remain the favorite of the two, because this is mostly a less-inspired continuation of that, but I'm still really enjoying this.

redwing91007 likes this.
  18. JM95

Trusted

Memento Mori is superb.

This is such a weird album. It does suffer from sounding too samey for a fair bit of it; even when the structure and the progressions in certain songs are vastly different, the basic foundation of it (the way the synths work, the vocals, the technical guitar riffs) makes a lot of it sound too similar and consequently unmemorable. The first three songs are all good and in parts really good, but the synths seem to do much the same thing throughout and so the songs feel way too samey. There's a change up with Downfall, the fourth song, but then you get used to the synth progressions in that, which is why Gone With The Wind and A Match Made In Heaven feel quite similar even though there's a lot of differences.

It's mainly the second half where they seem to change things up, which is where the best stuff comes from. Memento Mori is superb; a brilliant closer and the high point on this album for me. Empty Hourglass is really good, I really like Gravity as well. Even then though, there's still parts where it feels a bit too predictable, which is weird to say given that these songs change up a lot.

I think it's an album that you'll like more over time as you get used to the little differences and changes within the songs. At the moment, I don't think there's anything bad or mediocre on here at all, it's just not taking the extra step for me.

canvasofwinter likes this.
  19. atlas

Trusted

Not feeling this record much at all. Seems like they figured out on Lost Forever what worked for them and what people are into, and now are trying to replicate that.... like exactly that

trevorshmevor likes this.
  20. canvasofwinter

Yeah, I hear that. I'm enjoying it, but it's definitely a not-as-inspired LF // LT clone.

21. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

I just want to hear a song by them that's as good if not better than Red Eyes.

22. Bane

The spiciest meme

Yeah going into the singles released I got the feeling it was gonna be more of LF//LT, and I'm just starting the album now. But not gonna lie the opening of Nihilist actually reminds me of Hollow Crown slightly which is awesome because that's my fav album from them.

23. canvasofwinter

I listened to this a couple more times tonight while driving. I still don't think it's as good as LF // LT, but it's still pretty awesome. This band is crazy good.

24. Jake W

I can't really blame them for basically making LF // LT pt 2, since that album was a big comeback for them in terms of popularity and from what I've seen most of their fans seem pretty happy with this album, but I can't help but still be a bit disappointed. Oh well, hopefully they'll miss it up a bit more on the next one...

25. Madmod

Lurking

Anyone know what color the vinyl is on amazon?