Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

architects/stick to your guns/counterparts usa/canada 2018 tour Tour • Page 3

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Cmoney86, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Brodobaggins34

They fixed your brain when you were young.

2. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

I like architects but could do without the 5 min sermon. I hated when For Today did it for different reasons also.

Yes Sam, you CAN care about the world and ALSO care about which Kardashian is having babies.

Anyways set ruled, COUNTERPARTS stole the show per usual Brendan is the best bye

ryanfears likes this.
  3. atlas

Trusted

for the 2nd year in a row, Sam said "this is the best show we've ever played in America" in Chicago so he's cool with me

4. Bane

The spiciest meme

Sad I missed the NYC date but at the same time I'm kind of bummed they don't play anything from Hollow Crown on this tour, I get that the Lost Forever (and by extent All Our Gods) sound is really what broke them out but man Hollow Crown is phenomenal to me. Like at the very least Early Grave.

5. atlas

Trusted

some guy was yelling "play Early Grave" in between like every song in Chicago so Sam finally addressed him like 10 songs in and said "we really appreciate that you love that song and that album but not a lot of people here know that song and if we play it you'll be the only one singing along"

....i yelled "me too"

6. Bane

The spiciest meme

Oh wow, well I wouldn't be that asshole haha I can respect an artist's setlist choices enough.

Although that response is interesting, he took it pretty gracefully all things considered. Although saying not enough people know that album makes me sad =\

7. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

I haven't paid much to attention to Architects since Hollow Crown, but that album is a 10/10 and one of my favorites of the 00s. I'm glad I saw them at Warped in 2013 when they were still playing Early Grave and Follow The Water.

8. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

I can't really stand listening to anything before Daybreaker. I listened to some of Ruin the other day and hard to believe it's the same band

9. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

Haha I'm the opposite. I love their chaotic early sound and think most of the post-Hollow Crown stuff sounds too reserved and tame compared to what they once were. Although I will say that All Our Gods Have Abandoned Us is their best album since HC imo.

10. Bane

The spiciest meme

Yea it's funny, I discovered them with Lost Forever and REALLY dug that album. Then I went back and like, Hollow Crown and Ruin was like ohhhhhhh wow. Even Nightmares is still real nifty to me. Now Lost Forever is still good, and so is All Our Gods, but it's very tame compared to those other albums. If they had a sort of sweet spot that would be interesting to see.

The Here and Now I kind of think is more interesting even, because it's so different for them.

11. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

See when I was a little younger I feel like I would have loved those albums. I used to listen to stuff like The Number 12 constantly. But where I am I really love the newer stuff/political lyrics and such