Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

architects/stick to your guns/counterparts usa/canada 2018 tour Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Cmoney86, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Chuck!

Regular

A pretty good bump in Philly from Underground Arts to the TLA. I'd kill for this to be at Union Transfer instead, but that's always true for me

2. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

I've never listened to Architects, but STYG is one of my favorite bands and certainly my favorite local band. Counterparts are amazing as well.

Where should I start with Architects?

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  3. atlas

Trusted

If you want the real heavy bonkers mathcore-y stuff, Hollow Crown (just don't be disappointed when they don't play anything from it. If you want some more streamlined metalcore the recent 2. The Here and Now is kind of the oddball post hardcore album and then Daybreaker is somewhere in the middle

4. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

I say start with Daybreaker - onward to now. That's what they play these days. But their entire catalogue is great and worth diving into.

5. johnnyferris

Thanks! I think I'll start with Daybreaker and go from there

6. Chuck!

Regular

I strongly believe you should start with All Our Gods Have Abandoned Us and work backwards.

7. johnnyferris

I'll keep that in mind. Thanks!

8. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Cleveland date got moved to The Odeon since Agora isn't done with renovations yet

9. Chase

CAF

Have you been to The Odeon? I’ve never been to a show there.

10. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I actually have not, I've heard a lot about it. I definitely know it's shitty lol

Chase likes this.
  11. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

Hell yeahhh soon

12. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Anyone go to the first 2 dates?

13. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

14. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Kinda bummed with the STYG setlists I've seen recently. Hope they'll mix in a few tracks from the pre-Diamond records, but I know it's unlikely. I'm sure it'll still be a great show, but I didn't really get into their newest album as much as their others.

Theemoflamingo likes this.
  15. Damn, glad I didn't get an NYC ticket. Would have only gone for Counterparts anyway. Hope Blake's doing okay.

Also, hopefully they'll start playing Rope and Arms Like Teeth on their next tour.

Theemoflamingo likes this.
  16. Morgan

Morgan

Is the twitter beef between STYG and Architects actually real?

17. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

Yes

18. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

This?

Edit:

This as well? I also found something from Josh that said that Architects won't let them soundcheck because they tour in a van. Idk this could very well just be playful banter.

Morgan likes this.
  19. They're obviously joking. They wouldn't tour together if that weren't the case.

johnnyferris and Morgan like this.
  20. Theemoflamingo

Regular

Guarantee it's a joke haha

21. xthisislove

Regular

How can anyone mistake these for serious tweets? Any of architects band members tweets are dry in humor and If you watch any interview they’re the same. They also called counterparts an “okay” band

22. atlas

Trusted

Dan Searle is easily a top 5 funniest guy in the scene

xthisislove likes this.
  23. I think Brendan Murphy takes #1.

ABRfan3295 likes this.
  24. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Brendan is definitely a top 5 twitter account for me

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  25. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious