Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Architects - Holy Hell (November 9, 2018) Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by amorningofsleep, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Dog with a Blog

Yeah. I haven’t been too hot in Architects’ recent stuff but Sam is seriously on another level. I genuinely don’t understand how he does it

2. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Which is incredible because what he does to his vocal chords makes it sound like he shreds them on the daily.

3. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

I’m not usually that into heavier music but I’m loving this new Architects song. (Granted that probably means it’s a bit on the safe side for many)

Crisp X, beachdude and 150Wrds like this.
  4. 150Wrds

Definitely softer, but really enjoying it on the first listen as well.

5. Tomozaurus

Regular

Its not really doing it for me. I don't dislike it, just kind of indifferent.

6. JM95

Trusted

That song is a change up from the previous three albums, at least.

I think it's garbage though.

7. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

This sounds like a song to at didn’t make it onto Sempiternal.

like the chug and Sam’s clean voice is good but the song isn’t good.

8. Breaking Good

Newbie Supporter

I love Architects (seen them live, big fan of all their music to date) but this single isn't great. Sounds quite generic and doesn't really sound all that heavy imo. Be interesting to see which direction they head in with their next album though.

9. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I really like this tbh. It’s definitely not as heavy, but I think it works. Major BMTH influence for sure.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  10. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

I think this is the direction they are going in. They are becoming a bigger band. People have to remember a lot of Holy Hell was written when Tom was still alive so this will be the first official release without him having any input. I am enjoying the industrial vibes on it. Although, Josh is still a part of it and he has a similar style to Tom, so maybe this is just a marketing single.

11. Album coming, it's called For Those That Wish to Exist (YouTube metadata spoiled it), out Q1 next year I would assume.

12. Yeah this time two years ago, I wrote a lot about the fatigue I had gotten from their sound from Daybreaker onwards and how Holy Hell brought me back. This single seems to follow a direction I saw coming after hearing the latter's closer and Royal Beggars but with a twist: the industrial elements suit them perfectly. It's refreshing to hear fully clean vocals from Sam again too.

Really curious to hear an album now that they're 100% writing on their own with the newest members and, I guess, aren't using leftover contributions from Tom anymore. Solid song.

13. StormAndTheSun

insects come to life Supporter

Liked this quite a bit. Wouldnt mind having anothe BMTH ish band, but with a vocalist who can actually sing and isnt a piece of shit.

14. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

this is cool, but yeah, it sounds just like BMTH. Granted it's a cool BMTH song, so I'll allow it.

15. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

Gave it a try. Definitely not a fan.

16. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

I hope they pull a Code Orange and blow everyone's mind throwing everyone off the scent with the singles.

Crisp X, Bane and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  17. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

If their next song blows my face off like STRW I'll be ecstatic

18. JM95

Trusted

This song would be the worst song on Underneath by a huge distance.

19. Bane

The spiciest meme

I don't love it but I do actually appreciate that it's quite a change for them, not just resting on a sound that, while still good, was what really brought them into the more mainstream and they could have just stayed on that and been content. They'll never give me another Hollow Crown but they can still be fun regardless.

beachdude likes this.
  20. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

We clearly know how you feel.

21. Extremely not for me

22. JM95

Trusted

23. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

I like this song. Even reminded me a bit of PVRIS.

I wish I was still more into this type of music but I'm super proud of our boys!!!

beachdude and Nate_Johnson like this.
  24. really digging this track

beachdude and Nate_Johnson like this.
  25. Gooood morning!