Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Architects - Holy Hell (November 9, 2018) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by amorningofsleep, Sep 12, 2018.

1. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

This album is very very good. I'm a pretty casual Architects listener, but I'm really enjoying it.

DeRRek and Petit nain des Îles like this.
  2. Is it out there?

beachdude likes this.
  3. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  4. Album's out there. Let's fucking go

5. Crisp X Nov 8, 2018
    (Last edited: Nov 8, 2018)
    I'm into this a lot. I'm glad they chose the most traditional sounding songs as singles, because the rest is a bit of departure. This is strangely the closest they've sounded to The Here And Now, because the djent influences have been mostly dropped, and replaced by a very anthemic vibe, much like what We Came As Romans, The World Alive, or even Bring Me The Horizon are doing in this genre.

The songwriting is quite different without Tom as well. I do appreciate how on a few songs, Josh (and Adam?) uses Tom's signature riffing tendencies, then deviate from them just enough to make it both Architects and something new. It shows how much Tom was and still is Architects. His legacy is honored, and while I haven't took the time to read the lyrics yet, listening to such a surprisingly good album makes me feel very emotional. Considering the context surrounding its release, this was a quite a feat they pulled off. I need to see them live in January.

Oh and The Seventh Circle is such a blast. Wasn't expecting this sound at all. More of this on an upcoming release.

6. azzy01

Regular

Nice this actually got me more excited than I already was. I'm in the minority that loved THAN although I like all of their various styles tbh, I really loved the style of that album.
    Also I'm glad they're experimenting more with their sound

7. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

It's very good - AOTY contender. On my second listen and man does it sound sweet in FLAC.

beachdude and DeRRek like this.
  8. Dying To Heal's chorus reminds me of this weirdly:

beachdude likes this.
  9. DeRRek

Trusted

Album is class! Listened to it in the car on the way to work and currently have it on repeat at work. Just a masterpiece. Can’t wait for January to see these songs live.

10. DeRRek

Trusted

11. Is your avatar a Flood Of Red artwork? It looks familiar.

DeRRek likes this.
  12. DeRRek

Trusted

Yes. It is. Off the album throw. Well spotted. Criminally underrated band. Seen them live back home loads of times. They were incredible live. Usually see the singer and guitarist out and about at gigs in Glasgow. Haha.

13. Oh that's cool, I do remember the wait for that album being so frustrating. I guess they're on hiatus? I haven't heard anything in a long while.

DeRRek likes this.
  14. JM95

Trusted

The Seventh Circle was the only thing that really jumped out at me on first listen.

mescalineeyes and TriangularDuck like this.
  15. azzy01

Regular

On first listen it seems as though they picked some of the "weaker" tracks (weaker really doesn't mean bad in this case).
    Josh's influence can definitely be heard in these songs, as a fan of sylosis you can definitely hear the faster parts are influenced by his writing style.

16. azzy01

Regular

Also loved the reference to gone with the wind in damnation
    "If hope is a prison, then maybe faith will set me free"

DeRRek likes this.
  17. DeRRek

Trusted

Currently my favourite on the album

18. TriangularDuck

Regular Supporter

The Seventh Circle is such a throwback to their first two full lengths, it's great

19. Bane

The spiciest meme

I don't think I gave Royal Beggars a listen when it dropped as a single, but damn I really like his cleans on that one in particular

20. Bane

The spiciest meme

Also yea wtf Seventh Circle, why couldn't that one be longer?!?!?! Hollow Crown vibes that I've been wanting!

21. dash64

This is my design

This album is so good, I'm going to need a physical copy and a weekend to spend diving into it.

22. The Seventh Circle is one of the best songs they've done in years.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  23. Windowsdown

Everything from Daybreaker to that new record sounds really similar to me (with a few exceptions), and I have a hard time listening to any of their recent LPs in full, if I'm being honest.

With that being said, I have a soft spot for them, I was a big fan in the late 00's (in the Ruin / Hollow Crown days), and I'm glad that they are still going and that there's still a crowd for this sound.

Everything is really well-done and all, but it's just not for me anymore.

24. azzy01

Regular

I feel like this one out of the past 4 or so is the most varied. I agree that everything from daybreaker to all our gods have sounded similar, but this one definitely has enough variation and progression imo