Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Architects - For Those That Wish to Exist (February 26, 2021) Album • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by zsoty27, Oct 21, 2020.

1. kkhawk24

echoing the group that did not care for the singles too much and had low expectations. But now that I have the full album it is very enjoyable and feels cohesive. Definitely a grower

beachdude likes this.
  2. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

This is a take!

I know AMO wasn’t for everyone but the latest EP is one of the best things they’ve ever done. But we are splitting hairs to say which is the better pop metal record, IMHO. They’re both great.

3. FloatThroughMe

Regular Supporter

Absolutely, and I can respect this. I really enjoyed most of Post Human and even quite a few songs from amo and That's the Spirit. I'm glad people seem to be enjoying this!

fredwordsmith likes this.
  4. Steven Shea

Are you suggesting the student has become the master?

5. Steven Shea

Kingslayer & 1x1 are jams.

Blainer93, 150Wrds and fredwordsmith like this.
  6. softanimal

It's my mum's dodge caravan

Impermanence is just so huge, especially the verse, gives me the same vibes that the Holy Hell title track did. Definitely growing on me as a whole with repeated listens.

beachdude likes this.
  7. Vinyl finally touched down - listening now and the band wasn’t kidding - the vinyl elevates the listening experience to a new level
    3768CA44-6F38-4C73-90B3-B459ACCDDD35.jpeg

8. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

Is this from the band site or elsewhere?

I've listened on my Sonos, AirPods and now Bose noise cancelling. Sound quality was best on the first and last. But I notice “more” parts on my AirPods. It’s absolutely bizarre. It’s like I can hear 8 individual tracks on the others and like 12 on the pods. Maybe my ears are just fooling me.

Also, all the tracks I said I would ditch are now favorites. Damn. What a record.

beachdude likes this.
  9. Yeah it was the first variant on the US king roads site in October /500

10. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

Just ordered the Amped exclusive (not sure variant) that I'm picking up from Bullmoose on Friday on my day off

11. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

Sweet. Just snagged a cherry variant on their kings road.

beachdude and fredwordsmith like this.
  14. softanimal

It's my mum's dodge caravan

Got the special /300 clear variant (I love transparent records!) and the trippy slipmat which is very cool, the vinyl feels like a proper package which I really love. Even though it may not be my favourite album of theirs I'm desperate for it to get number 1 in the UK charts today, I know BMTH did it earlier this year but would be huge to see Architects get it, not sure I've been this invested (or cared at all, really!) in charts since the whole Killing in the Name Christmas number 1 thing aaaaages ago

Attached Files:

15. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

16. I'M SO FUCKING HAPPY FOR THEM OMG

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  17. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

Fuck yeah, couldn't happen to better people.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  18. JM95

Trusted

Not an Architects fan but that is great to see. Really pleased for them.

19. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

Goliath is going to be so massive live

20. atlas

Trusted

Not a fan of this record but that's very tight and well deserved

21. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

I love love LOVE this record. Back half is all fury. Front half is so damn enjoyable.

For those arguing it’s too samey (I sure did at the start) listen to it on random. It feels like a brand new journey every time.

beachdude, Smittzerland and Carrow like this.
  22. Helloelloallo

Trusted Supporter

If anyone thinks this album is too samey, they've never listened to architects lol. Every album has always had a distinct sound and vibe that permeates every track (and that sound lasted 3 albums). Basically, if that's something that bothers you, it should have been a criticism of every album so it'd be odd to knock this one for it, and not level that criticism at their earlier work.

23. I mean, I have knocked their past three albums for exactly that. So you're right, it's not unexpected. I just think that heaviness on those three records covered up some of the melodic similarity, which make the "sameness" a more substantial criticism here when this is a much more melody-forward album. But it's all subjective.

After listening to this a few more times, I'm definitely finding more to like here, but still plenty of annoyances and things I would cut from the record. My opinion on it has improved since the first listen. I think Drew said the same happened to him? I hope it keeps growing, because I really do love this band. Happy that it went number one, that's nuts.

Helloelloallo likes this.
  24. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Just got the While She Sleeps promo. Simon Neil guests on it as well. They also have Deryck Whibley from Sum 41 and he works really well with their sound.

Tomozaurus and fredwordsmith like this.
  25. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

Saw this pop up in my Twitter feed. Kid is amazing