Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Architects - For Those That Wish to Exist (February 26, 2021) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by zsoty27, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Interesting choice for a single

2. I mean it’s like the fifth one from the album it’s fine haha

3. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

I never said it was bad, haha

4. mescalineeyes

just admit that I'm the fantasy Prestigious

I love all songs that are out so far so much.

Drew Beringer and Nate_Johnson like this.
  5. WeWereGiants

Regular

I think Meteor is great, I dread looking at the comments on their Facebook because angry metalcore dude bros are just the worst

6. mescalineeyes

I can only speak for Sam's twitter, but the reception there was EXTREMELY positive. I think the shock wore off after 2 "softer" songs.

WeWereGiants likes this.
  7. Jdfleming89

RIP ETID Supporter

This album has really been growing on me. VERY different from the rest, but it’s a good change. Impermanence with Winston McCall is really good.

8. Meteor is one of the most conventional songs so it makes sense as a single. Interesting they're not dropping a heavier one to appease those angry fans hehe

tvck, Nate_Johnson and beachdude like this.
  9. tvck

Trusted

Definitely one of the more straightforward tracks on the album

10. Pre-add it on Apple Music cuz I wrote these words

24961AA4-F084-4F99-993F-C2300CCC8034.png

11. mescalineeyes

big get for Apple

12. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Tomozaurus likes this.
  13. Tomozaurus

Regular

Nate_Johnson and beachdude like this.
  14. Just finished a first listen of this and it's so... fine. My favorite records from them are The Here and Now and Daybreaker, so I usually love their melodic stuff, but this just felt like so much of the same thing for the entire record. Obviously, there are a ton of new things sonically for them here, but melodically it all just blended together. The only parts that stuck out were the beautiful string swells at the end, and the occasional heavy riffs on Goliath, Animal, etc. Kinda disappointed, although I wasn't digging the singles so it doesn't surprise me. I wish they had done more with this sound than just a bunch of alt-metal anthems.

Crisp X and Tomozaurus like this.
  15. Tomozaurus

Regular

big Linkin Park energy on some of these. I need a couple more listens. The one with Simon Neil goes hard.

beachdude likes this.
  16. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

Giving Blood would be super fun to hear live.

beachdude likes this.
  17. mescalineeyes

I’m halfway through and just so bored.
    The lyrics are a huge turn off in their simplicity and lack of wit and yeah every melody is the same.

I still think 3 of the singles were good, An Ordinary Extinction has a fun intro and Flight Without Feathers is genuinely beautiful.
    But yeah I think I’m good.

disambigujason likes this.
  18. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Such a weird album...
    Clearly a band struggling with the loss of their primary songwriter.

RIP TOM

20. softanimal

It's my mum's dodge caravan

I think this is great, some huge bangers here (loved the first three singles) and I've always liked their quieter side on tracks like Unbeliever, so putting more emphasis on that on the likes of Flight Without Feathers and the closer is great. Definitely way too long, with some tracks that sound a bit formulaic (still don't get Meteor) - kind of understand not being as selective with the tracklisting on a pretty big departure album though. Overall think it's great, and one of the more successful attempts to make this step from a UK metal band I've heard for sure.

beachdude likes this.
  21. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

Perhaps I’m just the audience for the BMTH/LP sound they are going for, since I like those bands a lot and I’m not super into technical metal. For fans who love that sound, I can understand the disappointment.

Gianni28 and beachdude like this.
  22. mescalineeyes

I am quite literally the audience for that and I'm also mostly underwhelmed.

23. web250

I'll change this eventually Prestigious

Halfway through and it's *very* samey.

I'm surprised the song with Winston McCall is on the heavier side, since that's another band that's heavily toned down their sound over the years.

It's also just really long. 15 songs / 58 minutes, like Daybreaker. Would rather see a less bloated record at 40ish minutes like most of their records.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  24. I'm fortunate that I've been able to listen to this record since November so I've had time to let it breathe and grow on me - it's not an easily digestible first listen just because it is very long.

beachdude likes this.
  25. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

It’s not the length that is the issue. It’s just a lot of the same thing repeated over and over. There are a few gems in there but it really should have been trimmed prior to release.